DeHavilland DH82a Tiger Moth v1.1. Ants Airplanes presents an FSX SP2 Tiger Moth biplane for your enjoyment. This aircraft is based on a modern restored Australian built Tiger Moth and includes eight paints. Paint kit available (read docs) Includes Gipsy Major sounds by Don Putnam. Model, gauges, etc. by Anthony Lynch.
If you have installed Version 1.0 and added repaints you should make a copy of the aircraft.cfg file before running the installer so that you can add the [fltsim.X] entries into the new aircraft.cfg. The V1.1 installer will not delete any repaint textures you may have added but it will overwrite the aircraft.cfg file.
The V1.1 installer will overwrite all the V1.0 files. It should not be necessary to uninstall V1.0 before installing V1.1 (with the exception of saving your [fltsim] entries in the aircraft.cfg file as mentioned above).
The V1.1 installer should be used by everyone. Whether updating from V1.0 or if this is the first time you have installed the Tiger Moth.
Note: V1.1 includes VH-BAL and G-BMPY repaints so you should not need to enter these [fltsim.X] entries into the aircraft.cfg file.
Unzip the download.
Click on AntTMV11.exe
Follow the prompts.
Select Aircraft De Havilland DH82 Tiger Moth by publisher, Ant's Airplanes.
Full instructions on how to fly this aircraft are contained in the Tiger Moth Pilots Notes.pdf . The installer should put a link to this file on your desktop. It can also be found in FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes/Ants Tiger Moth/Documentation. It is highly recommended that you read the Pilots Notes if you have not flown a Tiger Moth before as there are certain aspects to its operation that you may not have encountered before.
V1.1 adds the following:
- Fixed the turn rate indicator.
- Fixed the airspeed indicator so it reads 0 if pitot cover left on.
- Removed stall warning.
- Fixed texture fallback problems with VH-DHA.
- Added missing texture region on ants_DH82_Levers texture (hook on throttle control).
- Filled 3D mesh holes in wings near ailerons.
- Turning off com radio will turn off avionics master switch.
- Added lubber line to compass.
- Added a cover to cover the cockpit when parking the aircraft (see animation manager). Note: close doors and remove pilot and passenger before using the cover.
- Changed compass pointer to a more accurate model.
- FDE - removed the tendency of the aircraft wings to self level in a turn.
- FDE - changes to the spin characteristics, left hand spins seem to work much better than right hand spins. I don't know why.
- FDE - changed side slipping to allow greater yaw. Need to drop the leading wing to maintain the side slip.
The archive anttmv11.zip has 6 files and directories contained within it. View them...
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
There are no votes yet
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our installation help page here or view the README file contained within the file.
Signing-up for a Pro account gives you super fast uncapped speed to the thousands of FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane downloads which include aircraft, scenery and more - click here to view the library for free or...
Search for add-on planes/repaints, airports, scenery, flight sim news and even the discussion forum all from here.