ntdll.dll problem, Crashing whene starting...

Supercar1001 Guest

Hi everyone, I just reinstalled Flight Simulator 2004, and now whene I try to start it, it make an error message...

AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00001010

Help please !

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

2 questions.
What operating system are you using. (2000 (NT)?)
Did you install the MS patch 9.1. (yes?)

Radar

Supercar1001 Guest

I am using Windows XP Pro
Yes I have install the patch 9.1...

Please help !

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Uninstall 9.1 and it should work.
When installing you have to follow the instuctions step by step or it goes bad.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Radar

ok, thanks

It don't work 😕

Jamie4590 Guest

Try performing a registry scan. Its free at the following website:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ntdll

Supercar1001 Guest

I did the scan, dont work ...

Jamie4590 Guest

Whats your direct X status?

Bring up your RUN command bar and type dxdiag to view your direct x status perform the tests and update if needed.

In the same run command bar type msconfig click the last tab that says 'startup' and uncheck as much as you can. This will stop certain programs from starting that might conflict with your sim. If it creates more of a prob just check them again. Also check your hardware status to see if you have any conflicts shown by a yellow exclamation mark.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Here's one. I'm not a computer wiz. but maybe you should try a system restore. Gte the computer back in time when the sim. worked.

Supercar1001 Guest

Jamie4590 wrote:

Whats your direct X status?

Bring up your RUN command bar and type dxdiag to view your direct x status perform the tests and update if needed.

In the same run command bar type msconfig click the last tab that says 'startup' and uncheck as much as you can. This will stop certain programs from starting that might conflict with your sim. If it creates more of a prob just check them again. Also check your hardware status to see if you have any conflicts shown by a yellow exclamation mark.

I just istalled DX9.0C

Jamie4590 Guest

Has it resolved your issue? Dont Know

Pro Member Trainee
supercar1000 Trainee

still dont work 😞

tangodelta77 Guest

Ok heres my machine hardware config:

768 MB RAM
30 Gb Hd
128 MB NVIDIA FX 5200 AGP Video card
Via AC97 soundcard (onboard)
KM2M MSI mainboard

WinXP SP2

I can load Flightsim but as soon as some amount of AI traffic appears it crashes to desktop and the error message lists ntdll.dll as the main problem. I get a similar message than the one listed above... PLEASE SOMEONE ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

supercar1000 wrote:

still dont work 😞

Reinstall the whole game again. Make sure that all the files are erased. I think that it's the only way to solve the problem, and don't install the patch again. I don't have it and the sim is working just fine. Good luck 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know if you need it or not, I wouldn't load it unless I had to. You could blow out the OS and have to do a clean install, .dll's are always touchy.
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ntdll

That's an old video card, clean out the drivers and load new drivers and find a driver for that sound card also.
Radar

TangoDelta77 Guest

I reinstalled the game FRESH (even deleted the reg entries) and still the same problems. As soon as I compile some new traffic, everything goes haywire.

What´s the likelihood that I have a faulty memory module?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
TangoDelta77 Guest

Okay, as far as I know, the problem is caused by a faulty processor. As in... a processor thats about to die... as in... go buy a new motherboard and cpu... as in... your days are numbered.

As far as I know, yesterday my Athlon died and I replaced it for a Sempron 2800 which runs quite fine.

So, I think thats the problem. Check your computer for proper ventilation (both in the case and the processor cooler). Also consider upgrading to a better system since your CPU may be about to give out.

Sincerely,

HSF

Thanks for all the help folks!

Pro Member Trainee
Dominic Sipos (dudler) Trainee

The problem resides in your main fs9 MODULES folder. (not sure which module is causing the problem) but anyhow I reinstalled the the original FS9 cd modules folder and replaced the one I had, and now it works again, no more NTDLL.DLL ERROR!!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...