Making jetways dock with all aircraft

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

How ca I do this lets say I put the sga md-88 in fsx which I have done I've just put in some fs2004 sound and an fsx panel and it was good to go but the jetways won't dock obviousley so what do I do do I have to edit the config file of something if so which and what do I put in there the aircrafts config?

Thanks very much 😀

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Did you ever try taxing up the yellow line till comes to the "T" then hit Ctrl+J?

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

No im talking about makeing jetways dock with fs2004 compatable aircraft that have been put in fsx like the sga md-80 series?

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

I remember seeing a post somewhere in the FSX fourms here that told you how to program the jetway. You would enter it under the exit section of the aircraft.cfg in an x,y,z format. If I ever find the post again I'll post a link or quote the post.

Edit:

ollyau wrote:

I found the posts 😀 !

link: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/26778/how-do-you-really-get-jetway-to-come-to-you/

First post:

mdaskalos wrote:

Forgive me for veering the thread momentarily back on topic, but I did get my problem fixed.

I had to go into the aircraft.cfg file of the add-on plane that was giving me the problem and tinker with the section marked [exits]. I changed a few values (basically, changing the values of the coordinates where FSX "finds" your main exit, and a couple of other factors), then it was just a matter of adjusting the numbers until the jetway came to the plane precisely at the location of the main exit. The first few cuts at it missed by several feet.

Second post:

mdaskalos wrote:

jellrod wrote:
WOuld you care to share what the add on aircraft was, as well as what the new tinkered coordinates are?

Sure. I had sort of thought no one was interested. This is for Wilco/Feel There's B777:

[exits]
number_of_exits=2
//exit_rate.0=0.25
exit.0 = 0.25, 67.5, -8.75, 8.25, 0
exit_rate.1=0.25

I've shot from the hip a bit there, because I'm not at my FSX computer, but those numbers will get you in the ball park. The three numbers in the center are the main one: "67.5" is the "X coordinate" the distance (in feet, apparently) the main exit is forward of a point (perhaps the rear wheels). A bigger number makes the jetway attach further forward on the plane. "-8.75" is the "Y coordinate", the distance left or right of the plane's centerline (negative apparently being left). The jetway WILL go into your plane or stop wide of it depending on this number. "8.25" Is the "Z coordinate", the height above ground the jetway attaches.

I did some playing with the final number at the end, hoping it adjusted the angle at which the jetway attaches (because the body has started its taper to the nose at the main exit of a B777), but I couldn't get it to do anything positive.

I suppose by tinkering with the numbers, you could make the jetway attach to any point on the plane you want. Just park it within the jetway's reach.

Again thanks to mdaskalos for for helping the community.

Hope this helps

Orion

Last edited by Orion (ollyau) on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Thanks very much can't wait cheers

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

I found the posts 😀 !

link: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/26778/how-do-you-really-get-jetway-to-come-to-you/

First post:

mdaskalos wrote:

Forgive me for veering the thread momentarily back on topic, but I did get my problem fixed.

I had to go into the aircraft.cfg file of the add-on plane that was giving me the problem and tinker with the section marked [exits]. I changed a few values (basically, changing the values of the coordinates where FSX "finds" your main exit, and a couple of other factors), then it was just a matter of adjusting the numbers until the jetway came to the plane precisely at the location of the main exit. The first few cuts at it missed by several feet.

Second post:

mdaskalos wrote:

jellrod wrote:
WOuld you care to share what the add on aircraft was, as well as what the new tinkered coordinates are?

Sure. I had sort of thought no one was interested. This is for Wilco/Feel There's B777:

[exits]
number_of_exits=2
//exit_rate.0=0.25
exit.0 = 0.25, 67.5, -8.75, 8.25, 0
exit_rate.1=0.25

I've shot from the hip a bit there, because I'm not at my FSX computer, but those numbers will get you in the ball park. The three numbers in the center are the main one: "67.5" is the "X coordinate" the distance (in feet, apparently) the main exit is forward of a point (perhaps the rear wheels). A bigger number makes the jetway attach further forward on the plane. "-8.75" is the "Y coordinate", the distance left or right of the plane's centerline (negative apparently being left). The jetway WILL go into your plane or stop wide of it depending on this number. "8.25" Is the "Z coordinate", the height above ground the jetway attaches.

I did some playing with the final number at the end, hoping it adjusted the angle at which the jetway attaches (because the body has started its taper to the nose at the main exit of a B777), but I couldn't get it to do anything positive.

I suppose by tinkering with the numbers, you could make the jetway attach to any point on the plane you want. Just park it within the jetway's reach.

Again thanks to mdaskalos for for helping the community.

Hope this helps

Orion

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

Those particular numbers were for the Wilco 777. You can fit them "by eye" to your MD-88 by watching the jetway dock up a few times.

I just start a flight at an airport that has gates for heavies (KJFK, TJSJ, KLAX, others), and tell the sim to launch a flight at a "heavy" gate (see the pick list in the "Free Flight" screen of the game). Then, I'm right there at a gate with a jetway, and I can tinker with the aircraft.cfg and reset the flight and fine tune it.

And you're welcome Orion. Thanks for thinking my stuff was worth finding!

mdaskalos

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

You may find this tutorial from our knowledge section helpful:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/38/how-to-use-jetways-pushback-in-fsx/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...