FlightGear is a free, open-source, multi-platform flight simulator. The source code is licensed under the GPL.
FlightGear is available for free download from:
Precompiled versions of FlightGear v0.9.10 for most platforms including Windows, Linux, Sgi, Solaris, and Mac OS X are available (or will become available) for download in the next few days.
Here are a few of the highlights from this release:
- Much improved multiplayer support
- A very nifty interactive 3d object placement system built into the ufo aircraft.
- Complete scenery texture overhaul.
- Many new and updated aircraft.
- Upgraded to v2.0 of the JSBSim config file format.
- Updated and improved manual.
You can view the complete summary of the new features, changes, and bug fixes for this release here: