Real Scenes releases their first scenery product, Flabob Airport in southern California. The small, non-towered airport is historical and is a great $100 hamburger destination. With photo-real terrain, photo-real hangars, and all objects placed with satellite precision, the airport is accurately modeled with great detail. For details, click on Read More.
So what is, "Flabob" airport? Flabob is a small non-towered airport located in Rubidoux, California. A more popular city is Riverside which is back to back with Rubidoux, which also explains why you will see Flabob listed under "Rubidoux/Riverside" in Flight Simulator.
Flabob is a unique, little airport. There is a lot of history there, including famous aircraft and pilots. One of the most well known airplanes was built there, the de Havilland Comet. Also, famous aerobatic pilot Art Scholl made Flabob his home along with the Pitts biplane being invented and built there.
Today Flabob is an educational environment for kids. The new owner, Tom Wathen, states it as "Education through aviation". The small airport is growing, but the old times feel of it has stayed which makes Flabob one of the best $100 hamburger destinations in Southern California.
What Real Scenes™ Flabob Airport Scenery has to offer
- Photo-real terrain covering the surrounding area of Flabob
- All photo-real hangars
- Scenery designed for ultimate accuracy with coordinates from Google Earth
- Custom AI traffic including the "Flabob Express" DC-3 and Gotta Fly Aviation's fleet
- Even the smaller details of Flabob Airport were incorporated in to the scenery
- 3D grass seen in Captain Keith's sceneries which was originally developed by us"