Aspiring pilots will learn the skills of flight, how to master Flight Simulator, and how to utilize the software as a learning tool towards their pilot's licenses. Those who already have their real-world wings will benefit from guidance on how Flight Simulator X can be used as a continuing learning tool, how to simulate real-world emergencies, and how to use it for training towards advanced certifications.
Simulation offers advantages you don't even get in a real plane-the option to set up any kind of weather or equipment failures, stop midway and redo a procedure, or get the view from outside the airplane. FSX isn't a game. It's a training mission for virtual and real aviators alike.
And those who favor simulation to real-world flying will find tips for making their sim experience as real as possible.
These 750 pages are packed with detailed information on using Flight Simulator X for training, including:
- Introduction to flight operations
- The fundamentals of aircraft control and flight
- Performance takeoffs and landings
- Airport operations and working with air traffic control
- Radio navigation with traditional avionics and glass-cockpit technology
- Instrument approaches, including the use of GPS and glass-cockpits
- Commercial flight maneuvers
- Emergency situations you can safely experience only in a simulator
- Piloting high-performance aircraft and jets
- Using multiplayer and shared cockpits for realistic air traffic control and training
- Use the custom flight lessons on the companion Web site to prepare for actual flight training
- and more...