When Aerospatiale and MBB, among others, merged in 1992 to form the Eurocopter Group, the Tiger program was transferred as well. Serial production of the Tiger began in March 2002 and the first flight of the first production Tiger HAP for the French Army took place in March 2003. The delivery of the first of the eighty helicopters ordered by the French took place in September 2003. At the end of 2003 deliveries began of the 80 UHT version combat support helicopters ordered by Germany to the Federal Office of Defense Technology and Procurement. In December 2001 Eurocopter was awarded the contract for the Australian Army's "Air 87 Requirement", which was for 22 helicopters of the Tiger ARH (Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter) version. The first Tiger ARH was scheduled to enter service in 2004. Some local assembly and production will also take place.
The Eurocopter EC-505 Tiger AFS-design product features the following:
- New Model of authentic Eurocopter EC-505 Tiger - EADS support
- 17 different visual models covering the Germany Bundeswehr (name: 74+07), France Army, (name: F-ZKDB), Australia Army (name: A 38 - 008) and the Tigerpaint of the tradeshow and airshow ILA - Berlin.
- 3 different weapons loads model variations
- A mask 1 for repainter - make your own model of Eurocopter EC-505 Tiger
- New Sound of real Eurocopter EC-505 Tiger with authentic start engine sound
- Tandem seat version: 2 Panels of weopensofficier and pilot
- Panel is complete and full in function with AFS-design - XML gauges: gps_500, Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, Altimeter, Vertical Speed, RPM Indicator, Fuel, Oil, Temperature, Pitch Trim, Clock, Flaps, Libelle, Airspeedkn, Fuelpump, Lightnavigation, Lightstrobe, Intercom, starter lock, Compass, Attitude and many other gauges...
- High detail textures with realistic effects, reflective areas, specular shine and accurate external lighting.
- A complete 3D virtual cockpit featuring animated control surfaces, custom gauges, night lighting, high textures, fully interactive and more...
- Detailed and easy to fly flight model with auto-trim
- New animations feature in external model and virtuall cockpit are: 2 Cockpits for pilots and weoponsofficier, detailed rotorsystem, detailed landing gear, rolling wheels, steerable nosegear, canopy, pilot ladder, strobe and navigation lights, folding wings, realistic rotor effect on full power, brake parachute AND virtual cockpit and many more...