The media has termed the A380 a "superjumbo", with some comparing it to Howard Hughes's Spruce Goose. The first A380 prototype was unveiled during a ceremony in Toulouse, France, on January 18, 2005. Its manufacturer's serial number is 001, and is registered as F-WWOW. The new Airbus will initially be sold in two versions: the A380-800, carrying 555 passengers in a three-class configuration or up to 800 passengers in a single-class economy configuration. Expected range for the -800 model is 8,000 nautical miles (14,800 km). The second model, the A380-800F dedicated freighter, will carry 150 tons of cargo 5,600 miles (10,400 km). Airbus made the cockpit layout, procedures and handling characteristics similar to those of other Airbus aircraft to reduce crew training costs. Likewise, the A380 features a glass cockpit and side-stick flight controller.
The AFS-design Airbus A380 product features the following:
- New external model of EADS support
- For FSX (SP1, SP2, acceleration pack) and FS2004 to include in packet!
- complete animated Airbus A350 cockpit and virtual cockpit
- realistic develop flight dynamic
- complete animated lighting effect in panel, virtual cockpit and external model
- light for cockpit, strobe, navigation and landing- and taxi light
- automatic trimming or manual trimming
- complete animated and full efficient autopilot with autoland
- accurate working avionic for radio navigation
- animation like: hatch , canopy, move in gear with spring system
- all landing-, control- and spoiler animation
- engine animation with thrust-reverser
- new textures (1024*1024) with spectacular shine, night lighting and more...
- new record sound of original Rolls Royce TREND 1000 engine in Dahlewitz (Germany)