The vastly better navigation was also appreciated by readers. "Content Management" doesn't do it justice actually. Joomla is a powerful open-ended suite of management tools which gives an unprecedented degree of control over the presentation of content, while maintaining a strict separation between presentation and content.
Version 3.0 also sees an forum and commenting systems which are work on synchrony.
- Comment directly onto the articles, adding your anecdotes, image galleries and videos with an absolute minimum of clicking and fuss.
- Integrated forum: Any comment on an article automatically generates a new topic in the corresponding forum thread, where the discussion may continue.
Version 3.0 also sees integration of the latest in social networking technology with the site. You, the visitor, can now:
- Embed your favorite videos from YouTube etc. (MyVideo, ClipFish, Google Video, Virb, MetaCafe, iFilm, Sevenload, GarageTV, Revver, Guba, Stage6, MegaVideo, mySpace, DailyMotion, eSnips, VSocial, Veoh, Yahoo Video, VideoJug, Aniboom and Brightcove)
- Share the good news with Facebook etc. (Mr. Wong, Webnews, Icio, Oneview, Folkd, Yigg, Link Arena, Digg, Del.isio.us, Reddit, Simpy, StumbleUpon, Slashdot, Netscape, Furl, Yahoo, Spurl, Google, Blinklist, Blogmarks, Diigo, Technorati, Newsvine, Blinkbits, Ma.Gnolia, Smarking, Netvous)
- Add an RSS feed to your browser, from any page in the Museum. This means you can read summaries of the latest headlines in whatever part of the site interests you the most.
- Instant Messaging can be linked to your profile (via Jabber, ICQ, MSN, AOL IM, Yahoo, XFire and Skype.)
In these fast moving times people place a high premium on convenience and accessibility, and to better fulfill my mission to keep talking about what is often old technology, the Museum continues to embrace the new!
Peter "MiGMan" Inglis
MiGMan's Flight Sim Museum: