Dauntless Software has announced the release of SimPlates ULTRA, which precedes SimPlates 2000, SimPlates 2004, and SimPlates X. In terms of plate coverage and enhanced user experience, the newly released SimPlates ULTRA for FS2004 and FSX represents a significant leap forward compared to the previous generations of SimPlates.
SimPlates ULTRA is the ultimate collection of IFR approach charts and global airport directory designed to meet the needs of all flight simulation enthusiasts.
- More than 70,000 high quality, real world IFR plates – charts that real-world pilots use while flying, to guide them through some of the most crucial stages of flight, for example, approach to landing, arrival, taxi and departure. It includes airport diagrams, approach plates, SIDs/STARs, and so much more.
- A wide range of approach types, namely NDB, SDF, TACAN, LLZ, VOR/DME, ILS, VOR, Visual, Helicopter, among others
- Outstanding coverage of every IFR plate for the USA, as well as plates for many other countries
- A comprehensive worldwide Airport/Facilities directory
- Extensive valuable information and approaches on many airports worldwide
- An all-inclusive international register of a wide range of Navigational Aids
- A user-friendly interface – you can find any plate you want easily and quickly – getting the plate you want for your virtual flight has never been easier. You can use the plates directly from the program on your mobile devise, for example, a tablet, or you can print them on your Mac or PC.
How Do you Use SimPlates Ultra?
Whether flying the biggest Boeing or the smallest Cessna, real world pilots refer to IFR plates while flying. Just like the real world pilot, while you are virtually approaching an airport on your computer, you bring up the airport’s plates in the SimPlates app to guide you in flying the approach to landing – just like a real world pilot would.
You can use SimPlates in a wide range of flight simulation programs, including all versions of Flight Simulator.
Downloading and File Size
The plates in SimPlates Ultra are in excess of 100 GB. You can download the files from Dauntless Software servers on an on-demand basis when you select them in the SimPlates Ultra app. You will need to be online to do the download, and it takes only a few moments. The plates you have downloaded into SimPlates will be stored on your device, enabling you to continue to use them while offline. Due to the vast collection of data in this program, SimPlates Ultra is not available on DVD, unlike the previous SimPlates versions.
Overall, the charts are of a generally good quality – however, the specific qualities across different countries vary as they are from different sources. For the USA, SimPlates Ultra has the standard NACO/ NIMA charts that the majority of pilots fly IFR with. Also included are FLIP/ DOD charts that are printed by the US military agency for the US and other countries. The respective aviation authorities have supplied charts for other countries outside the US. According to Dauntless software, a small portion (less than 1%) of the charts is from unofficial sources.
In your flight simulator, you can fly anywhere you want, at anytime. Make your flight experience complete and realistic with SimPlates Ultra and its worldwide coverage and vast collection of charts and data.
Offering the exact same, real charts used by real pilots, this program is the ultimate companion app that you can use in your desktop flight simulation program to enhance your realism and flight experience, and have more fun!