- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 37.35 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Baltimore-Washington Int'l Airport (KBWI), Maryland (MD). Includes two versions, one with crosswind runways operating and one without. Adds animated jetbridges, assigned parking, support vehicle roads and other improvements. By Ray Smith.
My thanks for the Freeware ADE utility by Jon Masterson and Microsoft's SDK Compiler, these are the main tools used to help me make these bgl files: These 2 BGL files are only for the FSX default airport: one with the Xwind rwy's operating and one without: animated jetbridges added to terminals A,B and C, assigned parking with extra parking, support vehicle roads rebuilt, extra fuel trucks, and several other improvements, airport views are from the roof of the control tower (when in tower view) fully tested with Ultimate Traffic/WOAI but not required, please view the readme before installation.
There are 2 BGL files: FSX_kbwi.BGL and FSX_kbwi_cw.BGL. The 'FSX_kbwi_cw.BGL' version is with the Xwind rwy's activated, the other version FSX_kbwi.BGLis without parking is the same in both.
- NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE BGL FILE AT A TIME. I.E. Make sure there is only ONE 'kbwi.BGL' FILE in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other kbwi.bgl.
- NOTE: When using ATIS with the FSX_kbwi_cw.BGL file you will hear the fake rwy's, this is the method used in activating Xwind rwy's created by Jim Vile and should be ignored or if prefered use the version FSX_kbwi.BGL.
- Simply take the BGL file of your choice and place it into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/Scenery Folder.
- Start up the Flight sim and the changes will be present.
1. Delete the BGL file and the default will then be active.
ADE Utility - Jon Masterson and Flight Simulator X - Microsoft Corporation.
TIP: When at KBWI in tower view: go to your control settings and look for the "View track/pan Toggle". Allocate a keyboard key stroke to it (i allocated a button on my X52 controller) this will unlock the user aircraft, then you can use the hat switch to pan 360 degrees around the airport, hitting the key stroke again (in my case a button) will return you to the user aircraft position.
Enjoy and happy flying.
The archive fsxkbwi2.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.