FS2004 KLM Douglas C-54B-DC PH-DBZ
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.21 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 22 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Built a C-54B-1-DC Skymaster for the USAAF (c/n 10480). Powered by four 1350 hp Pratt and Whitney R-2000-7 engines. After WW2 struck off and converted by Douglas (DC-4 conversion No. 67, powered by four 1450 hp Pratt and Whitney Twin Wasp 2SD13G engines). Sold on 15 January 1947 to Santa Fe Skyways as N90862 'Sky Chief Apache'. Sold on 24 May 1948 to KLM as PH-TEZ 'Zeeland'. Used as a freighter only. Re-registered PH-DBZ on 29 March 1954. Broken up in 1958. Remains sold on 20 April 1959 to Aviation Traders Ltd. Fuselage used as a mock up for the ATL.98 Carvair. Tail section of fuselage used to replace damaged tail section of Carvair #1 in July-September 1961. You will require Jens B. Kristensen's Douglas DC-4 and C-54 v2.1 (DC4_V21.ZIP) and Douglas DC-4 and C-54 freighters v2.1 (DC4CGV21.ZIP). Original textures by Jens B. Kristensen. Repaint by Maarten Brouwer.
- First, make sure that both the base model and the freighter model are installed on your system.
- Find the JBK Douglas C-54 cargo folder on your system and copy the folder model.cargo to the folder JBK Douglas DC-4-1009 V2 on your system. Then place the texture.PH-DBZ_1958 folder in the folder JBK Douglas DC-4-1009 V2. (In FSX its located in \Simobjects\Airplanes, in FS2004 it's in \Aircraft).
- If you have FSX SP2, or the Acceleration expansion pack, copy the two bitmaps included in the \FSX SP2 files folder to the texture.ddl folder, replacing the originals.
- Then open the aircraft.cfg file in the folder JBK Douglas DC-4-1009 V2 and paste the following after the other, similar sections at the top of the file - replace the x with the next number in the sequence:
title=JBK Douglas_DC4 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines V2 PH-DBZ 1958
description=Built a C-54B-1-DC Skymaster at Chicago, IL, for the USAAF (c/n 10480). Powered by four 1,350 hp Pratt & Whitney R-2000-7 engines.After WW2 struck off and converted by Douglas at Santa Monica, CA (DC-4 conversion No. 67, powered by four 1,450 hp Pratt & Whitney Twin Wasp 2SD13G engines). Sold on 15 January 1947 to Santa Fe Skyways as N90862 'Sky Chief Apache'. Sold on 24 May 1948 to KLM as PH-TEZ 'Zeeland'. Used as a freighter only. Re-registered PH-DBZ on 29 March 1954. Broken up in 1958. Remains sold on 20 April 1959 to Aviation Traders Ltd., Southend, UK. Fuselage used as a mock up for the ATL.98 Carvair. Tail section of fuselage used to replace damaged tail section of Carvair #1 in July-September 1961.
This repaint works both in FS2004 and FSX.
The archive c54phdbz.zip has 46 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|PH-DBZ 1.JPG||04.24.08||142.81 kB|
|PH-DBZ 2.JPG||04.24.08||67.46 kB|
|Read me.txt||04.24.08||2.57 kB|
|Text C-54B KLM PH-DBZ.txt||04.24.08||965 B|
|virtual cockpit 2.bmp||04.23.08||1.00 MB|
|virtual cockpit 3.bmp||12.14.07||1.00 MB|
|virtual cockpit 4.bmp||10.05.06||1.00 MB|
|virtual cockpit.bmp||04.23.08||1.00 MB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.