FSX Martinair Douglas C-47
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 17.13 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 25 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Two alternative textures for the Douglas C47 by Manfred Jahn and team. One set of textures depicts the C-47A PH-MAG in the colors of Martins Air Charter (currently Martinair) as it looked in the period 1965 until 1968. The second set are for the PH-DDZ "Doornroosje" from the Dutch Dakota Association in its current historic Martinair colors. Repaint only, C-47 Skytrain Exterior Base Pack 1.0 required (C47BASEPACK.ZIP), optionally also the interior model tweak (C47_INTERIOR.ZIP). Repaint by Huub Vink.
To use these textures you should have Manfred Jahn's Douglas C-47 installed in FSX.
- Unzip to a temporary location.
- Copy the folders "texture.MAC_PHMAG" and texture.MAC_PHDDZ" to your "Douglas_C-47" sub-directory in FSX. (You can of course also install just one of the texture sets).
- Copy and paste the following entries into the aircraft.cfg file inside the "Douglas_C-47" sub-directory (replacing the XX with the next number in line after your last existing paint scheme - if the last paint scheme already on the list is fltsim.6, this should be fltsim.7)
Title=Douglas C-47 KLM PH-MAG
ui_typerole=Twin Engine Prop
description= C-47A from Martin's Air Charter (Martinair). The PH-MAG (US reg. 42-92648) served with Martin's Air Charter from 1965 until 1968 after which it became a movie star. It was sold to an aircraft maintenance company at Schiphol and used in the Dutch movie "Dakota". Where it was flown in the Caribbean by Kees Brusse. This aircraft was demolished in 1991 at Malta.
Title=Douglas C-47 KLM PH_DDZ
ui_typerole=Twin Engine Prop
description= C-47A named "Doornroosje" (sleeping beauty) from the Dutch Dakota Assocation in historic Martinair colours.
The archive c47_martiniar.zip has 42 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.