Signing-up for a Pro account gives you super fast uncapped speed to the thousands of FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane downloads which include aircraft, scenery and more - click here to view the library for free or...
Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.
Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.
Douglas C-47 Skytrain On Skis. This package includes two models that complement the C-47 Base Pack, one with and one without the tail ski. The textures were painted by "Squirrel" and represent USAF 73191 in arctic rescue colors, as seen when it was taking part in the movie The Thing From Another World (1951). C-47 Skytrain Base Pack required (C47BASEPACK.ZIP). Models by Manfred Jahn.
(1) Please make sure you have a working installation of my Douglas C-47 Skytrain. If not present, download and install the base pack first.
(2) Extract the zip to a temporary folder or open it in Windows Explorer.
(3) Copy the three folders "texture.USAF_73191", "model.C47_2ski2", and "model.C47_2ski3" to your "Flight Simulator X\Simobjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47" folder.
(4) Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the aircraft.cfg and paste the [fltsim] section below under the last [fltsim] entry present. Make sure the new [fltsim] entry is in proper numerical order by replacing the "x" with the appropriate number.
title=Douglas C-47 The Thing
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
description="USAF C-47 73191, 1951. Texture painted by Squirrel."
(5) For experienced users only: For pure snow operation you may want to use the following contact points. Keep original contact points as comment lines. Novices be warned that any typo here is likely to cause rather drastic side effects.
(a) For two-skis operation (model C47_2ski2) substitute these:
point.0=1, -56.00, 0.00, -2.50, 1200.0, 0, 0.93, 72.0, 0.15, 2.0, 0.695, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
point.1=1, -18.55, -9.12, -9.22, 1600.0, 1, 1.89, 0.0, 0.54, 1.33, 0.686, 50.0, 10.0, 7.0, 166.0, 166.0
point.2=1, -18.55, 9.12, -9.22, 1600.0, 2, 1.89, 0.0, 0.54, 1.33, 0.686, 10.0, 50.0, 7.0, 166.0, 166.0
(b) For three-ski operations (model C47_2ski3) substitute these:
POINT.0 = 1, -56.00, 0.0, -2.40, 1200.0, 0, 0.93, 72.0, 0.15, 2.0, 0.695, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
POINT.1 = 1, -18.55, -9.12, -9.22, 1600.0, 1, 1.89, 0.0, 0.54, 1.33, 0.686, 50.0, 10.0, 7.0, 166.0, 166.0
POINT.2 = 1, -18.55, 9.12, -9.22, 1600.0, 2, 1.89, 0.0, 0.54, 1.33, 0.686, 10.0, 50.0, 7.0, 166.0, 166.0
Thanks to John White of Buffalo Airways Virtual and Squirrel for tips and materials on ski-equipped Skytrains.
The archive c47skis.zip has 30 files and directories contained within it. View them...
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.
Join over 130,000 subscribers of our free dedicated flight simulation newsletter. Featuring new downloads, products and industry news.