GMX Media has just announced that their upcoming flightsim Battle of Britain: Wings of Victory! will include an exclusive Battle of Britain documentary DVD. Developed by Shockwave Productions, the sim itself is expected to be the most complete and authentic reproduction of the Battle of Britain ever. For more information, click on Read More.
LONDON, UK (March 8th, 2005) - GMX Media is today announcing that the eagerly awaited flight simulation title Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory will come packaged with a free DVD documentary describing the events of the historic airborne battle. This double disc package will not only entertain, but will give players new insights and understanding of what will be remembered as one of the most important military engagements of the last century.
When France finally fell to the onslaught of Hitler's war machine in June 1940, Britain awaited the full fury of the Nazi armies. She did not have long to wait; the Battle of Britain was about to begin. This programme tells the full story of those months in which Britain stood entirely alone.
"Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory is gaining momentum to be a truly extraordinary flight simulation release", commented Eugene Perry, COO for GMX Media. "We have been monitoring the reactions of flight simulation buffs on websites from all over the world to this game. We've rarely seen such interest! With the inclusion of the DVD we wanted to make sure that consumers are given even better for money on purchase of the game. Battle of Britain 2 is not just a fantastic game, with the DVD included - it is sure to be a collector's item".
Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory:
- New DirectX 9 technology
The "In Cockpit" Experience
- Clickable cockpits for the ultimate flying experience
- Realistic starting procedures via mouse
Built-in native track-IR support with the latest 6 degrees of freedom support, including moving your head forward, backwards, left, right, up and down
- Lift your head for a more, over-the-nose view
- Lean out the window while taxiing
- Keep your eyes fixed on the target
- The industry's best padlocking system
- The industry's most natural g-force movements
The Ultimate Dynamic Campaign
- Authentic re-creation of the entire Battle of Britain campaign
- Experience epic battles with hundreds of aircraft in the air
Thousands of aircraft are tracked and combat ready from their historical airfields. Knocking out enemy airfields hurts the enemy's ability to launch aircraft from those specific airfields.
- Authentic radar and spotting system
- British coastal radar network spots planes, reports data to central command, aircraft readiness is checked at nearby airfields and interceptors are appropriately vectored
- Damaged radar systems create "outages" or "holes" in the defensive screen
- Human spotters exist all over the British countryside, and their ability to spot is affected by weather conditions
- Both historical and dynamic weather conditions exist throughout the theater
- Building storm fronts with towering storm heads
- Real-time, in-flight weather changes
- Realistic weather forecasting
- Computer piloted airplanes fly with the same performance and flight characteristics the player flies with, for a precise, historically accurate offline experience
- "RealPilot" Artificial Intelligence Technology means enemy aircraft have the same limitations the player has
- Both the player and the enemy can use the clouds for safety and cover
- Study and exploit the enemy's weaknesses with charts included in the printed pilot's manual
- Enemy aircraft have the same characteristics and performance as the player's aircraft, including actual joystick movements
- Authentic engine sounds and behavior, inside and out
- Machineguns, explosions, hits, and flack fill the battlefield
- Negative g stalls, sputtering, engine overheating
- Open the canopy and hear the difference
- Complex engine management including prop-pitch, mixture, and engine temperature
Unprecedented Visual Effects
- Accurately modeled visual effects create the ultimate battlefield experience
- Authentic bomb blasts in accordance to military test data, including realistic fireball size / duration, shockwaves, and dirt blasts
- Realistic gun-hits on aircraft, ground targets, land, and water
- Towering clouds of black smoke cover the battlefield for the entire flight
- Be a part of hundreds of bombers as countless bombs reign down on targets below
- Immersive, powerful, and historical command and control on the ground and in the air
- "Target bombers"
- "Vector me to nearest airfield"
- "Tower, what is the wind at altitude?"
Worldwide Release Date: April 2005.
About GMX Media
GMX Media is on track to become one of the world's leading publishers and distributors of video games for all consoles (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega and Sony), personal computers (PCs), and Macintosh hardware, as well as all available interactive platforms. Headquartered in the UK with operations or partners in every major territory in the world.
About Shockwave Productions
Shockwave Productions specializes in the development and publication of flight simulations, strategy games, visual effects and sound. The company is a North American based company in Farmington - Connecticut.