The TweakFS Explorer is a utility which will be very useful for those of us who like fiddling with FSX. If you are reading this it is very likely you are either a developer or one of those special breed of simulator pilots who just love to tweak flight simulator (and we know that you do, otherwise you wouldn't be here would you?). In fact you may at times even find more enjoyment out of getting "under the hood" and tweaking and creating than you do flying.
You may want to think of this utility as a Windows Explorer with a difference, designed and purpose-built from the ground up with FSX in mind. It adds many integrated tools in the one location, making it a hub from which FS developers, advanced users and webmasters alike will find it easy to work from and with.
For those of us who do spend a lot of time down in the bowels of our FS installation endlessly manipulating files, more often than not we find our activities revolving around the Windows Explorer or some other file manager. However none of these are really designed with FSX in mind as they are generic in nature, designed for any purpose.
The TweakFS Explorer is a tool we personally have always wanted but could never find, so we decided to roll our sleeves up and make it ourselves.
Here is a partial list of the main features:
- Button/Menu links to all TweakFS utilities
- Button/Menu link to automatically launch FSX
- Direct Button/Menu links to FSX cfg files (e.g. fsx.cfg)
- Links to Windows applets (eg. Add/Remove Programs)
- Unlimited number of user-assigned folder shortcuts
- Unlimited number of user-created file filters
- Unlimited number of custom shortcuts to other tools
- Integrated Image Viewer
- Integrated Email program (supports attachments)
- Integrated Web Browser
- Integrated Recycle Bin tool
- Integrated File Shredder
- Integrated FSX Registry tool
- Integrated IP resolution tool
- Integrated TraceRoute tool (check network problems)
- Integrated ZIP creation and extraction tool
- Integrated FTP upload and download tool