The helicopter is easy to fly (as the real one is). You will be in the air in minutes, but it will take many hours before you have mastered all the systems that are simulated in this helicopter. Created with assistance from several Seahawk pilots we are sure the advanced systems work as they are in the real helicopter.
When Microsoft publicly releases the SDK that is used for the Acceleration Pack we will adapt this helicopter to use the additional features it offers for helicopters. This will be a free update.
Full FSX standard
All the aircraft files have been reworked to be fully FSX standard this not a simple port from FS2004! Includes all the latest FSX goodies.
- Bump maps (this adds a 3D effect to a simple 2D texture, for example to show edges on hatches and rivets),
- Spectacular lighting maps (making reflections more realistic),
- Self-shading (aircraft parts cast shades on other aircraft parts),
- All textures in DDS format (faster decompressing if your graphics card supports it),
- Fall back textures (all models share some textures, saving you disk space and loading time when you switch models),
- Prepared for DX10 graphics cards.