Just Flight is pleased to announce the release of its R44 helicopter for Flight Simulator X and 2004. This latest addition to the prestigious Flying Club hangar has been developed by the same team as the rest of the critically-acclaimed Flying Club series. It is packed with features and is now available to download exclusively from Just Flight's web site.
Just Flight's Marc Siegel commented: "The real R44 is the World's most popular GA helicopter and we're confident that our Flying Club R44 will have similar success is the FS world."
The high level of detail in the Flying Club R44 is the result of extensive research and testing using real-world aircraft and the simulation comes with an authentic set of instruments, 2D and 3D cockpits, realistic avionics and a wide range of liveries. You can fly with British, American, German, Swiss, Dutch and French registrations. In fact, there are a total of 221 variations to choose from! The aircraft is supplied with a set of unique tools to customise and enhance your flying experience.
- Includes the skid equipped R44 Raven II, and the Fixed Utility and Emergency Float equipped R44 Clipper II.
- Authenticity on the ground as well as in the air! With the engine off and the 'park' icon clicked, the pilot and passenger figures are removed, the manoeuvring wheels are in place on the skids and the main rotor tie down is secured to the rotor and the rotor moves up and down gently in the breeze.
- Top quality custom sound set for interior and exterior created from recordings of the real aircraft.
- FSX version uses textures with the latest specular reflections and bump mapping as well as FSX-style gauge night lighting. You can actually see (and count) the individual rivets!
- A realistic animated pilot figure - he moves as the controls move. Passengers also move their heads to look around.
- Operating emergency floats allows you to lift off from a hard surface and fly along with the floats packed. You can deploy the floats, which will pop out inflated, and then land on any water surface.
- Unique in-sim two-sided checklist. Read through the first page and then click to turn it over! The checklist shows the normal operations checklists and theoperational limitations.
- Custom flight model is incredibly accurate and reflects the performance of the real aircraft as closely as possible in FSX (SP2). Users of the FS2004/FSX/FSXSP1 version can still take advantage of the SP2 flight model by choosing an 'Expert' option on their R44.
- FSX version includes multiple additional views taking advantage of the new FSX view system.
- Highly immersive virtual cockpit with mouse-clickable instruments, levers and knobs; operating cyclic and collective with throttle and mixture controls. An accurate 2D cockpit is also included.
- Collective, passengers and GPS can be hidden to provide a clearer view of the instruments and controls in the VC.
- Animation is state-of-the-art and includes main and tail rotor rotations and pitch, swash plates, tail rotor pedals, cyclic control, collective and rotary throttle, all four cabin doors and port/starboard engine bay access doors that animate and come with fully detailed interiors.
- Detail extends to small but important items like the door hinges, door air vents (they even open and close), NAV radio antennas, detailed rotor heads, skid wheel attachment points, fuel caps, navigation lights, operating emergency landing lights; even the door handles work!
- The R44 even features altimeters that change from Milibars to Inches indications in the pressure setting window, depending on which international settings have been selected in Flight Simulator.
- AeroPaint texture utility allows users to create new custom liveries of the aircraft or edit the existing ones using a proprietary painting program such as Microsoft Paint.
- Comprehensive colour illustrated PDF electronic manual is included that covers aircraft description, panel and gauge descriptions, Avionics description and operation and the realistic in-sim checklist shows the normal operations checklist and operation limitations. There is also a descriptive tutorial to enable you to take flight as quickly as possible.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X or 2004 - Windows Vista or XP
MINIMUM HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS
PC with 2.0GHz (3.0 for FSX), 512Mb RAM (1.0Gb for FSX), graphics card with 128Mb (or higher) video memory, DVD-ROM drive, Hard disk space 1.0Gb
About Just Flight
Just Flight is the world's leading flight simulation specialist, publishing a wide variety of digital aviation products. Their range comprises a multitude of different titles, including stand alone flight simulations as well as add-ons for Microsoft's multi-million selling Flight Simulator and Combat Flight Simulator. Just Flight also has Just Trains, a specialist label devoted to stand alone train simulators as well as add-ons for the ever-popular Microsoft Train Simulator.
A British company, based in Huntingdon, Just Flight has been established for over twelve years. It prides itself on quality, value and customer service, which it backs up with a unique money-back guarantee on all its products.