The Arrow was a revolutionary aircraft and certainly one of the most advanced of its time. It used computer control and "fly by wire" technology and was capable of flying over Mach 2.0.
The Xtreme Prototypes CF-105 Arrow for Flight Simulator is a chance to experience first hand the sheer performance of a series of aircraft whose advanced systems and cockpit ergonomics were quite a challenge for the test pilots who flew them fifty years ago.
Your CF-105 Arrow add-on will allow you to fly at high altitudes at twice the speed of sound, simulate the procedures required during test flights or reconnaissance and interception missions, and even test the anticipated performance of the mighty Orenda PS-13 "Iroquois" engine that was being installed in the Arrow Mark 2 (RL-206) at the time the Arrow program was cancelled.
Xtreme Prototypes CF-105 Arrow for Flight Simulator Key Features
- Custom Arrow flight model to simulate supersonic flight at high altitude in FSX and FS2004:
- High-altitude flight up to 60,000 feet in FSX and FS2004
- Supersonic flight up to Mach 2.3 in FSX and FS2004
- Compatible with FSX Acceleration Expansion Pack
- Functioning afterburners
- Delta wing flight characteristics
- Good maneuvrability at supersonic speeds
- Highly detailed 3D exterior models with more than 600 parts, 60 animations, reflective textures and unique markings, based on archive material
- Two fully functional and highly detailed 3D virtual cockpits with over 900 parts and nearly 200 animated gauges, switches, levers, light indicators and flight instruments with "tooltips"
- Special visual effects including afterburner flames, engine smoke, wing vortices and aircraft lights
- Fully animated engine turbine and compressor disks, engine nozzles (petals)
- Arrow custom sound sets for FSX and FS2004
- 14 camera definitions or views (FSX only)
- Ten saved flights based on Arrow test flights and fictitious but anticipated reconnaissance or interception missions
- Arrow aircraft kneeboard reference tab and check list
- A comprehensive 60-page user manual inspired from original Avro flight manuals, in a printable PDF format (English and French language versions are included with the software)