On October 30th 2009 we will start shipping our brand new FS Global 2010.
Again we were able to leave the previous version behind ... FS Global 2010 goes beyond SRTM and its limited coverage between about 60°N and 60°S. It goes beyond the current SRTM resolution of LOD9 (76m). But read on...
Here are some of the improvements:
- LOD12 (FS-Mesh- and sourcedata in 9m resolution!) for Hawaii (complete) and the southwest of the US, south of 38°N and west of 108°W (ca. Mesa Verde -> Point Reyes)
- High Quality Coverage of North America (and p.Canada!): nationwide LOD11 (19m).
- Greenland, Iceland and Scandinavia in LOD 9 (76m; standard SRTM resolution)
- additional high resolution areas in Europe in LOD11 (19m): High Tatra, Scottland, Hardangervidda (Norway)
- huge areas in the north of Russia in LOD9.
- Antarctica in LOD8
- sophisticated new algorithm for correct views of ridges and peaks (most of them should have been higher and will now be nearer to actual value)
- new algorithm for reducing irrelevant data for higher data compression
- new algorithm for finding and correcting errors
- Airport-Patches for prominent problem areas
- a tool for the user to correct wrong airport elevations
You can pick up your copy of FS Global 2010 from SimShack.net.