VFR Maui X includes a day, night, dawn and dusk scenery of the whole island of Hawaii based on satellite images, with custom-placed autogen buildings and vegetation added. VFR Maui X consists of high resolution 1m per pixel satellite imagery which looks stunning from any altitude.
VFR Maui X’s key features are as follows:
- Photoreal high resolution 1m per pixel textures covering the whole island of Maui Hawaii
- Photoreal water textures of Maui's surrounding coastal beaches and water
- Trees and buildings that are precisely placed to match Maui's landscape
- Island textures for day, night, dawn, and dusk
- A frame rate friendly scenery - enabling the user to change the autogen settings
- The scenery add-on blends with the default water where the scenery border ends, ensuring a smooth transition back to default water
In addition to VFR Maui X, Newport released other scenery add-on products:
- VFR Molokai Hawaii
- VFR Cozumel
- Photo Real San Antonio
- Photo Real Buffalo/Niagara X
Reviews by some flight simulators indicate that VFR Maui X photo scenery has top quality images which enhance the user’s experience of scenic VFR flying.