IGMap connects to all the most popular desktop simulators, namely FS2004, FSX, X-Plane 9 and X-Plane 10 – the product gives you a wireless hand-held moving map that helps navigation. This utility tool is particularly useful for simulated VFR flights.
As a flight simulation enthusiast, you acquire many add-ons and programs over time, which can take up a lot of space on your computer. By using your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch as a moving map to display the current position of your aircraft; you will save precious screen space on your desktop.
How does iGMap work? Easy – it simply connects to your favorite flight simulator through an FSWidgets Network Pack – which you download free at FS Widgets website as part of the product. The product comes with six custom map styles.
- World-wide custom map data with 6 styles
- Comes with 19 custom and aero map types
- Links to FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane 9/10
- Flight Plan Display - supports native FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane flight plans
- Import or Export Flight Plan file through iTunes
- Tap waypoints to show the related data
- Powered by CloudMade map rendering API
- Ability to connect and disconnect from the flight simulator when required
- Can be used as a chart viewer when disconnected
- Ability to save previously used map type, zoom and position
- Comes with helicopter icon option for moving map versus a fixed wing icon
- Comes with navigation Data icon display
- Comes with a free FSWidgets Network Pack
Reviews posted on the product’s web page indicate that this product is very easy to install and use, and does a great job as a moving map for a desktop flight simulator:
“Amazing little utility! I love using it with FSX. Sometimes, when randomly flying about, you just want to check where u are instead of having to stop the sim and open the map. This is great for that.” - EricB
The best 5 pounds you will spend on you flight sim experience! Try night flying with GEX Europe / UTX addons. It's incredibly realistic and this app with tell you which village town or city lights you can see. Also by fixing your position and info such as names of rivers, lakes and mountains will all enrich your navigation experience. I can't wait for other UK charts to be added. The detailed aviation charts included are for USA, but the many coloured displays included are fantastic value for money and works anywhere around the globe. You will never fly without it again!” – Fsx nutter
"I have recommended FSWidgets' iGMap an AVSIM Gold Star Award for its quality, usefulness and addiction to the simulation world. I can say without reservation that this is a must have for any simmer who uses FS9, FSX or X-Plane with an iOS Device." - Aidan Sandri
- Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator 2004 or X-Plane 9/10
- iPod touch or iPhone with iOS 3.0 or later
- File-Sharing requires iTunes 9.1.1 or later, iOS 4.0 or later
- Free FSWidgets Network Pack must be installed to connect to simulator
- Internet access to download map data
- Wi-Fi network
What I like about this tool
- Gives you convenience – you can check your aircraft location whenever you want, just by looking at your iPad/iPhone
- The tool has different types of maps – you can choose the one that best suits your needs
- Allows easy navigation – it has accurate information and names of all features such as highways.