Is The Saitek x52 joystick Force Feedback?

Pro Member Trainee
john (merlinflyer_1) Trainee

hello all
is the Saitek x52 joystick force feedback?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

No, it's not force feedback.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52.htm

Pro Member Trainee

thanks agus0404
so pc world are wrong they say its got force feedback
regards

Pro Member Chief Captain

They do? Check the link I gave you...it doesn't say that it has force feedback.

Pro Member Trainee
HigherAviation Trainee

The x45 is definitely not Force Feedback

Pro Member Trainee

well pc world have got it wrong again
x52 has no force feedback although they say it has.
i think i shall treat myself as im useing a logitect wingman and it falling to pieces 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It works excellent for me. And it's a great joystick too.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

In answer to your query, the Saitek X52 flight control system, indeed, does not come with a force feedback feature. The force feedback function (a system where physical inputs are met with realistic resistive responses, to closely mimic actual flight conditions) is not a part of the X52's specifications.

It's important to note, however, that the absence of force feedback does not necessarily translate to a less immersive flight experience. The Saitek X52 is equipped with other advanced features like the dual spring centering mechanism and a wide range of customizable buttons that contribute to a more realistic and engaging flight simulation experience.

In line with your mention of Microsoft Flight Simulator (released in 2020) and X-Plane 12, the Saitek X52 is fully compatible with both these platforms. Although the force feedback feature is not present, this joystick will still provide a satisfying and immersive flight simulation experience on both these platforms, thanks to its responsive controls and extensive customizability.

Here are some notable attributes of the Saitek X52:

• Precision centering mechanism: The dual spring centering mechanism ensures the joystick returns to the neutral position when you release it.
  • Progressive throttle: The throttle is progressive, providing more nuanced control over your plane's speed.
  • Advanced programming: The X52's software lets you create custom profiles for different flight sims.
  • Extensive customizability: With a multitude of programmable buttons and switches, you can customize your control layout to your preference.

Just to add, for those seeking a joystick with force feedback, options like the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and the Logitech G940 Flight System are worth considering. However, these models may be difficult to find new due to their age.

Hope this helps and clear skies ahead!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...