Uninstalling

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Hey,

I'd like to get rid of a couple of payware add-ons that I no longer use and would like to get rid of to free up space. The problem is it wont let me do this from the add/remove list...it gives some lame error message Mad

What is the best way to manually uninstall a programme??....is it it just a case of deleting the relevant files from my programme files??

Thanks a lot
PW

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Hey,

I'd like to get rid of a couple of payware add-ons that I no longer use and would like to get rid of to free up space. The problem is it wont let me do this from the add/remove list...it gives some lame error message Mad

What is the best way to manually uninstall a programme??....is it it just a case of deleting the relevant files from my programme files??

Thanks a lot
PW

Absolutely NOT! Do NOT just delete files willy-nilly!

The first port of call is ALWAYS the Program Menu. Most payware add-ons have an Uninstall option. Use that. If you can't find that option, there's the possibility that you've deleted it inadverdently. Check the documentation of your software for "How to uninstall".

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook....the programmes in question are in the list however when I select to get rid of them and an error message appears saying in cant be done.

😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Try installing again. Sometimes the program will allow you to choose betweem Installation and Repair. Try Repair first and then try again to uninstall. If it doesn't work try again, this time select Installation. If you get questions such as "...bla bla already exists do you want to.." just keep confirming so that you get a complete new installation.
After that, your 'Uninstall' option in the Program Menu should work.

You usually get the kind of Error Message you've mentioned during uninstall attempts if your original installation is missing files or some have become corrupted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

You say they are payware,did you buy via d/load or disc?
If its the disc,sometimes there is an uninstall option,pop the disc in and see 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

OK thanks guys....I shall pop the CD in and see what happens 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Payware but excellent utility ❗ ➡

http://www.innovative-sol.com/uninstaller/index.htm

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...