altimeter setting mooney bravo ifr panel

Pro Member Trainee
foggles Trainee

can anybody advise me how i can change hectopascals on altimeter to millibars. on fs2002 bravo ifr panel

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

foggles wrote:

can anybody advise me how i can change hectopascals on altimeter to millibars. on fs2002 bravo ifr panel

This is for FS2004 but should work the same in FS2002.

You have to go to [Settings, International] on the main menu and change to Metric (altimeter in feet). The setting scale will remain in US inches but the weather setting menu will show millimeters.

PS Upgrade to FS2004, $20 is worth it.

Pro Member Trainee
foggles Trainee

thanks for the response. its the reading on the altimeter on the panel that i would like to read in millibars.

is this not possible ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

foggles wrote:

thanks for the response. its the reading on the altimeter on the panel that i would like to read in millibars.
is this not possible ?

No, I don't think the scale is changeable.

Pro Member Trainee
foggles Trainee

if vatsim atc ask me to change to eg

io03 millibars , how will i do or do i hve to hve hectopascal conversion chart to hand ?

regards

paul.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

foggles wrote:

if vatsim atc ask me to change to eg
io03 millibars , how will i do or do i hve to hve hectopascal conversion chart to hand ?regards paul.

You can set the berometric pressure using the setting knob in the Mooney Bravo but the scale lacks the detailed markings so you'll have to estimate.
http://www.pcwp.com/mb_conversion.html

Some aircraft, such as the default 737, have the metric and the US settings both on the altimeter. As a shortcut, switch to the 737 in mid flight, set the altimeter and then switch back to the Bravo. The altimeter setting will be the new setting.

Pro Member Trainee
foggles Trainee

can i put onto the same scren as bravo somehow part of another panel. ie the part from 737 or similar ?

sorry to complicate things.

i really would like millibars to change on the panel if at all poss.

wonder if i could use a go flight instrument to change millibars ?

regards

paul.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

foggles wrote:

can i put onto the same scren as bravo somehow part of another panel. ie the part from 737 or similar ?
sorry to complicate things. i really would like millibars to change on the panel if at all poss. wonder if i could use a go flight instrument to change millibars ? regards paul.

Yes, you could put a new altimeter into the Bravo but that may require more computer program surgery than you want to do. I'm not sure, I'll have to take a look at it. A simpler solution may be if you could find a new panel with the altimeter you would like. I don't have time today to look for you but check ➡ www.avsim.com. I'll be back in a few days and will check here to see how you are doing. I'll also see if it looks like you can do a swap with the 737 and the Bravos altimeters.

Last edited by CRJCapt on Mon May 07, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
foggles Trainee

v much appreciated.

i do like the bravo panel i hve and an insert or something would be good if at all poss/ ie an additional ?
best regards

paul.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm back, I just spent 2 hours resizing and determining the proper location to place the Boeing 737-400 Altimeter into the Mooney Bravo panel. I did this in FS2004(don't have FS2002) but should work in FS2002. All you have to do is to edit your Mooney Bravo Panel.CFG file by replacing the standard Altimeter with the line below. Backup your original just in case you mess up.

737-400!Altimeter, 265, 56 , 103

PS Keep the first part of the entry that says [gauge15=] or whatever number gauge is in that location. Example:
gauge15=737-400!Altimeter, 265, 56 , 103

Default location of the panel.CFG should be:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 2002\Aircraft\mooney_bravo\panel

If that path is not correct, just look in the aircraft folder, panel folder.

*Just noticed that I did the normal panel not the IFR panel. Embarassed I'm tired now, I may try to do the same for the IFR panel but it's a lot of work trying to figure out how to resize the gauge. The first number controls the lateral location of the gauge, the second is vertical placement. The third is the size of the instrument.

Pro Member Trainee
foggles Trainee

tht will be absolutely brill. if i cn get this to work !

just off to work. but off for the wk end so will give it a go.

extremely appreciated.

best regards

paul.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Here is the new data line for the Mooney Bravo(IFR) panel. It inserts the Boeing 737-400 Altimeter.

737-400!Altimeter, 230, 116, 103

Example: gauge15=737-400!Altimeter, 230, 116, 103

*Backup your file before you edit*
Go to: Mooney aircraft folder, panel.ifr, then edit the Panel.CFG file with the above line(over write the location of the original altimeter). Use whatever gauge number original altimeter used. It will take the place of the original altimeter.

Pro Member Trainee
foggles Trainee

Sorry due to work probs last cpl of wks I hve only just had chance to sort the altimeter.

works brill. thanks v.much appreciated.

ps.

now that this fits in well.

can i adjust the altimeter from any switches or knobs without using keyboard or mouse/ i have fsuipc and also a few go flight panels .
but cant see anything that points towards altimeter.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

foggles wrote:

Sorry due to work probs last cpl of wks I hve only just had chance to sort the altimeter. works brill. thanks v.much appreciated.

ps. now that this fits in well.can i adjust the altimeter from any switches or knobs without using keyboard or mouse/ i have fsuipc and also a few go flight panels .but cant see anything that points towards altimeter.

Glad that it works for you, I figured it out with FS2004 a wasn't sure if it would work in FS2002, just glad that I could help.

As far as I can tell, you can't assign a controller to adjust the altimeter setting, that would require a control axis for the altimeter that just isn't in the default FS program. The only thing is the letter [B] that can be assigned to a controller push button but only resets the altimeter to current pressure setting in the program. I don't think that will help you in Vatsim.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...