types of Landing

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Can someone please help me distinguish between CAT I, CAT II, and CAT III . . . As far as I know, they all require ILS, but I'm not sure what the differences are -- Also, how can I found out whether the r/w's are equipped with CAT I, CAT II, or CAT III. Thanks 😉

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/5886/cat-iiiiii/

It'll tell you on the approach plates for the runway you are using whether a runway is CAT equipped or you can see on the side of the taxiway sign if you are on the ground 😉

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I see, thanks for that post Jon.

The reason I ask is because recently, I've started to use the APP facility during landing, despite my fondness to manual landings -- There was little visibility, but I was vectored into the ILS 33L in Toronto Pearson. After engaging APP it managed the aircraft laterally, but I had to control it vertically -- Is this relative to whether the r/w was properly equipped?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I don't think FS9 is that sophisticated - if a runway has an ILS then it has the potential to guide you both laterally and vertically.

Maybe you were slightly too far out when you engaged APP?

😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...