Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

grauadler236

I want to change the destinations of the ai aircraft.

I want to make alot of air traffic come to one airport. I would like to now how to change the destination of the aircraft to one airport. How would i do this in side the microsoft flight sim folder. plz can someone help me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BerraTV on
MRGENOUX

Time compression under FS2004

Dear All, I was a user of FS2002, and, by opening the clock and using the lower right button, was able to tune the time compression. I tried the same trick with FS2004, and that does not seem to work. Has anybody else experienced the same problem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
horrgakx

DSBDesign Tornado

Since downloading the DSBDesign Tornado for FS2004 (which is excellent by the way if you've not got it!!), I get errors. Firstly when FS2004 is starting up I get the error "Flight Simulator has detected potentially incompatible aircraft or software. F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
horrgakx

Project Mach 2 - Concorde - help

Can anyone help please - I downloaded the Concorde files from; https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2617/fs2004-fsx-concorde-collection/ I can't see any textures - the FAQ says go to the site and look on the Forum but I can't see how to get o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
duarte

The new CH flight sim yoke

Does anyone in here have the new CH flight sim yoke? Is it worth the $125 it sells for? I am thinking about buying one and i need some advice. Thanx my fellow pilots....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
John33

screen flickering

Hy, I have a quick question. My FS 2004 is running very well at full settings, but when I'm loading a flight my screen is flickering for about 2 seconds and comes back to normal. I was wondering if it is normal or if I have some kind of bugs. SPEC; P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andrenaa on
BigG520

deHaviland Dash-8

The DH Dash-8 is in the aircraft folder for fs9 but you can't select it to fly it. Does any one know why? Is it possible to make it so you can select it to fly? :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andrenaa on
Patchman

Avioics on/off switch

When in the Lear I can not find the on/off avionics switch. Where is it or does anyone know the key stroke to turn on/off? (fs2004)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on

Joystick assignments for x45

Hey all, Could someone please help me with a good configuration for my x45 to play FS 2004? I would like to hear from some long time flyers about what buttons they assign to what task. Also, I'd like to know how you physically set your joysticks in f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on

Interment Check Ride - How do I enter Holding Pattern?

I have flew the check ride 20 times and have tried every way I know how to enter the holding pattern yet that instructor keeps failing me. After I do my initial climb out after go around to 2100 feet I pass the outer marker and turn left to 160 as I am...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jaydin on
bertiebugger

Downloads

😕 Hi I am very new to this site,I am just on my first sim 2004, can you tell me how to download and run Dash 8 add on or any of the other Downloads 😕 best regards bertiebugger....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
steves542 on
gewoonsander

QUESTION about ATIS

Hi everybody! I'm a fan of FS2004 (just as you are) and I have a question! What I know about it, is that it's only possible to hear/read the ATIS wheater information before take-off and a few moments before landing. But is it also possible to hear/read i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BerraTV on

MSFS2004 msgame8.cab

hello, i have been trying to install msfs2004 with express, partial custom, or full custom setup. In CD #3, msgame8.cab fails to be read, and setup is terminated "because of corrupt file, unavailable disk space, or not enough memory for swap file". I c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Lear45

FPS fun

Hi everyone, I have a AMD 1.4ghZ athlon with 256MB RAM and a geForce 3. With everything turned down, I can get almost 60FPS in FS2004, with everything maxed out, I get about 14 in Virtual Cockpit or <7 in clouds. Now, this is kind of expected. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lear45 on
dj-edge

FS2004 Keeps locking up

Hi everyone, I recently purchased FS 2004 about a month ago... and I've got a problem with it perhaps someone can help with... At random (Seemingly) the prog locks up. and the computer doesn't respond at all... Only a RESET to reboot will work. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rev Darkwing on
zograf

LOCK ON

can anyone help me out to find the no cd crack for the new lock on patched version which is US v1.01, cos the first no cd doesnt work anymore. thanx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ibocpro on
Rev Darkwing

Help with graphics settings

I am getting an effect (it shows up most on buildings especially) that is something like what you might see when a reporter wears a certain kind of tie. It is a distortion that looks as if the coloring on the surface of structures moves as it changes posi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ibocpro on
Woodmouse

Re-Installing FS2004

When trying to run FS2004 after a re-install, the following message appears . . . . "aircraft initialisation failure. Sea Fury RAN NDT". I have taken all folder & files out with regards to all other aircraft add-ons. Why does the program stop loading?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skye on
taildragger2004

download aircraft into Flt sim 2004

Can anyone explain how after we download other aircraft into 2004, get the aircraft come up on the screen. I have placed all the files into their place but was unable to get it to work....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
taildragger2004 on
ciwid

Side view

Is it possible to have a right side view on another monitor in fs2004? Was thinking of getting A FX 5900 ultra card and another monitor....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
patw

Trainee?? Pilot???

I notice that the ranking status in this forum are: Pilot Trainee Guest How is this decided???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BerraTV on
horrgakx

General FS2004 help please?

Am fairly new to FS2004 and wondered if anyone may be able to help with these quesions I have?; 1) Can anyone explain the "Back Course" and "Approach" buttons on the Autopilot? 2) How do I find out the ILS frequencies of a runway? 3) I've worked out ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
Leeham

help me with taxiing

Hi, i havnt got fs2k4 yet but i am wen i get my new computer!!! (i cant wait!!!) One of my life goals is too become a pilot, despite the cost of around £20,000 just to fly a commercial 'liner however i am only 14 and it is a long long way away, so FS2...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BerraTV on
Timber

Looking Platus PC6 Porter training.

I received FS 2004 for Christmas, and really like it. A great Sim. I have been flying the virtual bombers of WarBirds II and WarBirds II for about six year now but am realizing the controls pale to what FS 2004 requires. All that to say Help! Reading th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Timber on
ricco

Concorde wheels

Hi Peeeeps Can someone please tell me how to fix the concorde wheels from sinking in to the ground while taxxing etc. Im trying to make a video but it looks awful like this. TIA Ricco...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ricco on
Major Alvega

Error messages

Everytime I select a flight on FS2004 and tried to fly it, I get this message "Scenery read error. Attempting to open a nonexistent directory". It happens everytime it reaches 68% of scenery downloading before each flight. It happens with the original ver...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
8675 on
babijc

How do you make a screenshot???

❓ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Leeham on
Bloodsilver

Replay my flight

Hi, I bought today my Flight Simulator 2004 :-) Is there a posibility to replay my flight in 3D ? I would like to see my great landing from a 3rd person view 😂 Greetings from germany Marcus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Netz Rafi on
Decon

Help with Lear T 45 Plz

Hiyas, I recieved FS 2004 for Christmas. The SIM is working Great! However, last night it dawned on me that the Lear Jet is missing from my drop down menu on Create Flight? The folder is there under aircraft as it should be. Any help would be appre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
chuckca00

Is there a no CD crack For lock on

thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
bond0007

Best Settings for HP Pavilion?

I have an HP t390 with Pentium IV (3.0Ghz), 512 MB Ram and an nvidia FX5200 videocard. When I run FS 2004 it sometimes just quits "in mid-air". Does anybody have an idea about which settings I should choose? Thanx in advance A desperate Dutchman....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
watersprite

Altitude reading seems incorrect

Hi, I'm very new to using FS 2004. I've noticed that the altitude reading is off, and I'd like to know how to re-set it. For example, I flew out of and back into my local air strip (a very small one nearly at sea level), and the starting/ending altit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
SkyKing

Saitek Joystick?

I just received the Saitek ST90 joystick for Xmas to use with FS 04. Anyone use this or know about it's functions? Thanks. SK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
abaris

Problem with GF 5900

I purchased a geforce Golden Sample 5900 with 256 Ram. Now, FS shows me a black screen instead of a cockpit. In VC I can fly just normaly and also the outside views are OK. Just the cockpit is gone and that's a bit of a pain in the ass. Any solutions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abaris on
funfly

fs9

hi can anyone tell me where i can download fs9 crack? thankyou all...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
jayden5

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight No Cd

Does anyone know where i can get the No Cd crack for this game. (Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight No cd Crack Need)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wlgary

FS hangup - Startup, Select Flight or Fly Now

Symptom: Sometimes FS will hang on startup , select flight or fly now. Problem: When saving .FLT files, FS is padding extra garbage on the front. This makes the file too large and I am sure FS is destroying some memory when it loads it. Quick Fix...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wlgary on
DMax

VOR navigation

I've just bought FS 2004 and it's great! I am a little puzzled about one thing though, and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I used to have an earlier version of FS, and it came with a series of maps which displayed a number of airports around major c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wile E Coyote on
Andrenaa

What are the planes like on fs2004?

🙂 Hi there yet again....Im just pondering not the thought of how dissapointing the downloadable concordes were for FS2002 and how they're front wheel sunk through the ground. Is there a concorde in the pipeline for FS2004? 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andrenaa on
me fart hard

this game sound kick out...whats the deal

😞 this game sound kick out...whats the deal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
steves542 on
andyh2004

Sidewinder Joystick Problem

Hi, Having an issue trying to use a ms sidewinder joystick with fltsim 2004. problems: - very jerky screen - joystick doesn't control correctly (up and down ok...turns, big problem) - feeds back at incorrect times System: pIII running win2000...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Jesperguest

Timezones in Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Hello! I’m wondering, when I place an aircraft at Heathrow (London) airport and check the time, the local time is equal to GMT/UTC, as expected. Moving the aircraft to Changi (Singapore) airport the difference is +6 hours, not +8 as expected. Movin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wile E Coyote on
NEAM_Volunteer

Flight Simulator 2004 multiplayer on a 10/100 network

I work at the New England Air Museum and we currently run FS 2004 on two computers (Dell 4500 Win XP) unnetworked. We plan to run around 10-12 computers on a LAN with a dedicated server box running Flight Sim 2004 (all on the same Dell 4500 win XP) and a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NEAM_Volunteer on
yellow

CFS3 aircraft into FS2004

can you downioad CFS3 aircraft into FS2004? just wondering. thanks, Derek...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greycap on
shmullen

fs 2004 learjet?

I like using the learjet, but when I shut down the engines and try and restart them using the cockpit starter buttons and not using "control,e" I cant get them to fire up. I tried using aux fuel pump and cross feeding the tanks it still doesnt start. Whe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on

no cd crack for lock on

i would like to find a no cd crack for lock on, i need your help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
JImVT

She cancelled myIFR

As a former controller at NYARTCC and Tokyo ARTCC I'm puzzled at the broad at Boston who cancelled my IFR. I followed instructions for a 330 climbout to 4K. My altimeter was showing 4K when she says: "Expedite climb to 4K." Ok...I figure my altime...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
vadim2200

can i shoot planes down?

can some one tell me if i download the Military Planes will i be able to shoot other planes dawn? or is it just for flying ? cause if it is just flying i am not going to buy it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Andrenaa

Advice on landing the A330 for FS2002

:cry: i am very sad. After i completed a 6 hour flight from gatwick to riyadh in a Gulf Air A330 i was on the final and the plane became very heavy and started to slow very rapidly i kept increasing the engines but nothing was happening. I have tried m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andrenaa on
Jingra

Flat Panel Monitor?

❓ Just wondering...has anyone tried FS2k4 using a flat panel type monitor? Thinking about getting the Dell 1800FP flat panel ultra sharp monitor, but if I should stay with CRT, then it would be good to know in advance. Thanks! Jeff...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Phoenix57 on
Page 109 of 111