Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Using the autosave in fs2004

I have downloaded the "autosave.dll" ,but I do not understand how can I restore the crashed fs9 session. Can someone help me ? The autosave I put it in fs9 modules, but after ? what happen ? Thanks at all Andrea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
agabel

Active Camera 2004: Where to get the registration form?

😀 have just downloaded the Active Camera 2004 where do I get the registration form to get activation. :oops: aga...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andrew David on
kieranja

Traffic 2005 won't Install

i having trouble loading this on to pc. never had no problems before but now i put disc in the sceen comes up and i click in stall then the preview come on task bar but when i open it up it goes and wont show but is still on task bar. any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
offroadjosh

Engine Primer

on some of the aircraft the is a primer. what does it do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Labo on
pilatflyr

Safe Mode Problem again

Ok guys, so I reconfigured my desktop and accidentally deleted the desktop icon. now the game won't let me get out of safe mode without it. Is there any way that I could get rid of safe mode without having to use any of the disks to reinstall anything?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

my original number1 disk of flight simulator2004has failed p

can I get a copy any where....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
D5Tweddle

ATC Sound problems

Hope someone can help! I have noticed on my FS9 that the ATC voice is very quiet, been like this for the last couple of weeks, and I don't know what I have done. The volume is on max in the FS9 settings box I have reduced the sound in the others (cokpi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
martinsarling on
jdev

Appoach charts

Is there an archived site of approach charts that date back to the 2004 time frame? I.E. my home airport KJAX Reynolds field has changed from ILS RW 6-24 to 7-25.Many other sites have changed as well. I need charts to match what information was available ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jdev on
nedsmithtn

Simulation rate FS 2004

How does one change the simulation rate in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jdev on
jdev

ILS assignment

Another FS 2004 question. I'm flying ILS from KJXN Jackson MI to KYIP Willow Run airport. When I get my assignment from ATC it's to RWY 5L which is non ILS rather than 5R which is what I request after being assigned to 5L. The message essentially says to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jdev on
RadarMan

WindScreen Wipers

A number of times I have seen posts about finding aircraft that have "working" windshield wipers, I found one (by accident) and they work. Here are some screen shots I took of them working and of the aircraft. **...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FrancoXplane on
mikey39

FS 2004 registration

hello all I was wondering how to get the registration key for my FS2004 , its not on the box.Can anyone help? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
zacj12334 on
Roginsaudi

Disk 4 cracked - any way of loading the game?

Hi all. This week I went to load my FS4 Century game on my current Windows 10 desktop computer after many years in a drawer. Disk #4 has a crack and the install would not complete. I asked support where I could get a #4 disk and the response is that this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fredericia01 on
Kooki

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

So after a 4 year break I have finally decided to get back into the hobby of aviation simulation. Today I purchases a new copy of FS2004. I loaded it and waited with hopeful expectation....but, alas it did not load. instead I got several error messages st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beavis69 on
gmillerd

Enhanced MINI-PANEL

I grew frustrated with the minipanel given for the b737-400, so I designed my own: //-------------------------------------------------------- Background_color=0,0,0  size_mm=551,151 position=7 visible=1 ident=MINIPANEL child_3d=1 gauge00=73...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gmillerd on
gmillerd

Use of the MAP feature

It may be due to my advanced age, I am 77, however as a retired psychologist I have always felt somewhat intelligent, but there are some aspects of the FS9 map  that seem to elude me: 1) How does one make the center line stretch from an airport from a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gmillerd on
99jolegg

ILS Approach Guide/Tutorial

UPDATE - 19 Mar 08 - Original post updated, to include clarification on certain parts, to add some common questions and answers to those questions and clarification about the GPS approach. Approaches - Instrument Landing System (ILS) Guides: 1) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gmillerd on
LtGrk

Real World Weather Problem

Hi, I am having a problem with my real world weather options for the FS2004. Everytime the sim tries to get the weather it gives me an error "an error occured while downloading the Real World Weather. Please check your internet connection and conf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ketan on
gmillerd

help. Where are the tutorials?

I joined Fly Away when I dicovered the excellent tutorials.  I want to learn the basics of navigation, etc.  I am having a problem finding the tutorials.  I feel very stupid and need some guidance.  Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gmillerd on
Vincenzo22

rottura CD1 FLIGhtsimulator 2004

Buonasera, purtroppo avendo disinstallato il volo2004 dal mio pc,ora il primo CD si è rotto come posso fare anche sulla mia e-mail o qualche altro programma dove possibile scaricarlo grazie.  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vincenzo22 on
Don1949

How do I download FSX

I am new to Flyaway. I cannot find from where I can download the flight sim itself. Lots of downloads of aircraft and scenery addons, but I cannot find the flight sim itself. Can ay nyone help please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
andreselias11 on
Catterina

ILS by afcad

When I make an ILS runway with Lee Swordy afcad, how I intercept altitude (height) of glide ? There is no data in afcad program. Excuse me bad english language Regards...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Catterina on
FLAMEANGEL

Computer specification fs9

Hi! I was wondering if someone would help me with some advice regarding the specs of this pc,and if its good enough to run fs9?  Regards  Jon  Hey,I'm back again and I've burnt a hole in my brain searching for a decent pc to run fs9. I'm sorry to b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Spiketail34 on
Alastair1978

Best peformance graphics setting for FS2004 ?

I had FS2004 running at full settings at 1920 x 1200 with constant 60 frames per second, but I changed a few things to try and tweak X-plane now I cant remember what I had as far as graphics options in the Nvidia windows advance graphics settings. Now whe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Modern on
kahlhorst

fs9.1 update does not run; .dll missing

Hi all, I installed fs9 from CD so far with no problem. Now, I downloaded the update to 9.1 from these pages. But the installer stopps at the beginning saying a file is missing: ATC.dll. Although it is there. I also replaced the file on HDD with new copy ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kahlhorst on
sterk03

Dell XPS420 Vista ATI Radeon HD 3450 Graphics suggestions

I bought FS9 way back in 2004 but really never played with it much as life got in the way. I am now playing around with it all the time.  Yes I know I have a old system but I don't use this computer for any and decidec to instal it on this computer for s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sterk03

Unlock window for GPS

I'm running an old vista Dell vista machine and I have a small monitor hooked from the video card to it with standard pc hook up. Then I'm runing a HDMI from the video card to an older wide screen tv 1080I, I was trying to change video resolution on it t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sterk03

no airports listed under United Kingdom?

As far as I know I did a full install from the 4 disc's but when I went to the United Kingdom and first selected a small airport it seemed like all the airports were listed, but then it like recycled and only showed 4 sirports or bounderys not really airp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kakarsk123

FS2004 Wilco's Airbus Evolution a320s Ailerons Not Working

I need a solution on how to fix my ailerons on my wilco a320s, if you have a solution pls anwer ASAP that would help me alot. Thank you very much....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Stephem

Can't get ttooles to work on Windows 10

I've just installed fs9 on Windows 10  tried to make a new ai flight plan with ttooles program. but it not making copy in the scenery and does not set up the new scenery. my flight plan lets say for example traffic_1.bgl does not show up in scenery fold...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
johnhenry2343035@yahoo.co

will fs4 work on windows 10

will flight simulator 4 work on windows 10...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
beroun

No More Real World Weather

Hi all, Looks like we lost the Real World Weather downloads. Have checked with Jepesson and they keep sending data to Microsoft FS weather server, but the weather downloads seem stuck in some previous weather situation. Have checked this on several compu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
StonewallUSMC on
Jamie54321

World.cab missing on FS2004 instillation

Hey guys, Feeling a bit nostalgic so I decided to install FS2004 on my PC, got through to disk 4 and 90% when an error occurred, World.cab file is missing. I have been through every forum and the downloads that are available are all broken/old (2004-2011...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Paul Mateer

Barnstorming?

Hello all... I hope I'm in the right place...  Looking for locations in FSX to do some barnstorming in my ole Curtis-Jenny.  You know open barns for fly thrus and all that flying circus kinda stuff. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

CH Pro Pedals(FS9 & Win10)

Rudder response very erratic after many attempts to calibrate using FSUICP. Since the pedals were 15-18 years old I decided to order new ones. In the interim I programmed the twist grip on my Logitec joy stick to the rudder assignment which funcioned flaw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Missing planes

Hi anyone I started to notice that I'm losing my planes when I go to select it, and when i press 'fly now' the game crashes please help thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Cherokee 180 pitch control

Is there a Cherokee 180 sim with propeller pitch control?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Sterk03

running flight sim 2004 on Vista will not open/run

i have an old dell with vista on it and I just installed flight sim 2004 on it it loaded ok but it will not open?  For a while it said need administrator to run but  I only have one user, and it still will not run.  From all comments it shhould run fin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
Al312

Will FS9 run in Windows 10?

Is FS9 compatible with Windows 10?  Can it be made to run?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Al312

Still having same trouble starting FS9

When trying to start FS9 using Disk 4 I get dialog box message: "Please log in with administrator privileges and try again." I am in as the only administrator on two different machines. This happens while using Windows 7 and Windows 10. Is there a way to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
pissed

fs9.exe file

I have purched the FS2004 and loaded it.. I have downloaded the no CD Patch several times. Cannot find an EXE fike. Just a FS file with the 3 others. Supper frustrated. Even had the wife help, this is getting very desperate. Help please....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
leslie,robb

fs2004 Scenery add on advice

Ive been using fs2004 for about 10yrs and love it. Only problems when changing to win10. I want to try VFR photographic scenery fs2004 but am worried that all will go wrong. How easy is it to set up this add on. I am not very pc savvy and any advice welco...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Al312

Unable to start FS9.

When trying to start FS9 using Disk 4 I get dialog box message: "Please log in with administrator privileges and try again." I am in as the only administrator on two different machines. This happens while using Windows 7 and Windows 10. Is there a way ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Paiute

Stars and Constellations

During a night flight there is often not much to look at on the ground-- until you get to a city. I noticed that there are lots of stars to look at on those night flights. I was wondering if the Microsoft people programmed realistic stars and constellat...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
cvhuber

Microsoft Real Weather

I am Carl and new to this site. I am still using fs 2004. For the past couple of months, I have been unable to get real weather. Is this a server problem, or is it a problem on my end. If it is the latter, can you provide some help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Sam Intel

X-Plane vs. MS FS2004

I was wondering what the differences are between X-Plane and FS2004? Do more people use MS FS2004, or X-Plane? Which one is better? I have FS2004 and I am very pleased with it, but I hear alot of really good things about X-Plane too....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Andrew8902

Glideslope circles

Hi. On FSX using the Learjet 45 I can use the glideslope fine but what are the 2 circles above and below the glidescope green triangle for? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

I love the Digital Aviation Fokker, but I can not make turns

I love the Digital Aviation Fokker, but I can not make turns on the track during the taxi. Someone to enlighten me? Thank you thousands and blessings!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bruce A

Fsx steam : gear lever jumping up and down

Good morning. My PC is working on Win.10 I have these add ons:>Steam Ed.-FTX Trees >Steam Ed.REX 4 Texture >Steam Ed.McDonnold Douglas DC10 >Steam Ed. Boeing 747 200/300 >Steam Ed. HD Airport Graphics After selecting the aircraft an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Leonard van Heerden

MFC70.dll error

Hi, I'm completely new to this so sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this question. My new laptop (windows 10) does not have a cd/dvd drive so I've downloaded patch 9.1 from flyaway but I get the mfc70.dll error saying the file is missing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 2 of 111