Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

waj2306

Doors will not open!

After returning from vacation, I have run into a new problem. My Shift+E/2/3 ect. does not work! I have tried it on all of my aircraft to include the default ones. What could be the problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
walesdragon

Anti-Aliasing problems

Hey guys, I was wondering, with fsx, all my aircraft look smooth and really nice. But on fs2004, my aircraft look extremely jagged and ugly. I've put Anti-aliasing ON in flight simulator and I've put it to 16x on Nvia control panel but it doesn't seem to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
arulu

FS2004 CD4

Friends, when I install FS2004, the 4th CD is not able to copy due to some scratches. Is there any way I could get this CD4. Please help? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Westernstyle

Ultimate Traffic, anyone else not satisfied?

Anyone else not satisfied with the lack of ai and paints in UT? Please say. Westernstyle 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
rickypig112

A332

Hi all So i am using simmer's sky A330-200 and was wondering if someone could reccomend me a nice sound set for this aircraft. happy flying....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hammerdag on
HappiChap

Moving downloaded aircraft into FS2004

Greetings to you all, can somebody please tell me how to incorporate downloaded planes into FS2004 ? I have tried everything except the correct method. Any help greatly appreciated, Happichap 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
burton on
walesdragon

FSX time

Well, since I've got my computer up and running thanks to some really good friends, I'm now going over the the FSX SIDE. FS2004 is awesome but I'm giving FSX a shot now and I will play FS2004 from time to time and try to enter as many screenshot comps as ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
prabhat

V- bar for pmdg b737 pfd

Anyone 's got an idea to change the PMDG PFD flt director dislpay from a cross bar to a V- bar like in the lear jet? or better to switch over between the two? this will be a great help.......thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
prabhat on
everest63

Electronic Kneeboard keeps popping up

The Electronic Kneeboard keeps popping up onscreen while in flight. I close it out and it pops up again. It will be gone for awhile and then it will start popping up again. Also, my joystick will stop working momentarily. Andy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Jive1

Aircraft radius?

Hey! Where or in which file is the information of the radius of an FS9 aircraft, and, is it possible to set the radius if the designer forgot to set it? How should I set the radius? Greetz Jive1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Col7777 on
W3CPR

F14Tomcatwaikatocarrier.zip

Hi... I have downloaded the above zip file and have had no problem installing the F14 but I have tried several times to load the carrier into the addon scenery in FS9 to no avail. I see extra files other than the Effects and Texture which most of the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W3CPR on
W3CPR

landing lights

Hi.. Is there any way to add landing light to those aircraft that do not have them? Thanks P.S. Imagine what it would be like without this forum??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
chrsmac84

How do i cancel my account

i have been paying a monthly subscription for over a year and i didnt realize it, can someone help me to cancel my account please. Thank You!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
drwhoere on
nottobe

LORAN-C?

Is there any addon out there for us to use LORAN-C to cross the big ponds? why it's totally missing from FS9? I doubt its included in SFX. In real world I think its still being used extensively on trans-ocean flights...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
mvc340

737 THROTTLE WITH MOVING ENGINES ,SOPILER AND TRIM FOR SALE

737 throttle replica with engines for: -throttle -spoiler -trim exact replica of the real one. it has less than 5 hours working. I sell because i bought real 737 throttle. THE TRIM HAS 360º MOTOR LIKE THE REAL PLANE working 100%. all the bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
waj2306

"Land Me" in .air file?

While doing some adjustments with AirEd to some AI A/C, I see a line that reads "Land Me". I have done a cursury search and find no description of this line. Does anyone know what it could/would be used for? Thank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
hammerdag

Help Me Edit My Panel File

Hello Simmers, I'm no newbie at installing 3rd party hardware. I just got a new computer and it has Vista on it. My problem, is that many add ons require one to edit your panel file. When I make changes and go to save them, it tells me that ACCESS IS DENI...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
p1127 on
jimimac

how can i set a button on the ch yoke to use as ptt

i dont have a registered copy of fsuipc so i want to know if i can set a button on the ch flightsim yoke to use as a ptt. thanks, jim...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Air-Head

A long shot question....but.

Is anyone familiar with the ATR 42-300 Denmark Package by Sánchez-Castañer. Its on AVSIM and seems a popular ATR model. If not, My question might be answerable anyway by someone knowledgeable. Which is definately not me!! lol. This model has a re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
nottobe

another question for real world pilot: how you contact ATC

how do you contact ATC in middle of pacific ocean?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
nottobe

there used to be a utility called soft horizon

that makes horizon blurry, I can't find it anymore, anyone has a link? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
Bartfs

FS9 problem, probably panels?

Hi, since 3 days I got a very strange problem. My panel looks all duff and is hard to read and when I hit ALT + ENTER to switch to a smaller screen. Then I open some applications. Fraps and AISmooth f.e, Then i want to switch back to full screen and th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartfs on
walesdragon

Error: Failed to read from file.

This crap is happening still. I switch views to spot and the computer tries to load the texture (This only happens around 70-80% of the time when I play FS) and it doesn't, leaving a part of the aircraft gray and I am forced to click "OK" on the the erro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
scab12

Abacus EZ-GPS

Hello, I have the Abacus EZ-GPS and CoPilot Pro and I was wondering how to use the automatic approach. I saw it in this one video on the Abacus website and just couldn't figure out how to do it if someone could please help. Here's the video link http:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
larobley on
nottobe

unrendered terrain texture in distance

When I fly high like over 20000 feet I start to see squares unrendered on the horizon. As I get close to that patch it get replaced by regular terrain texture. Is there any setting in fs9.cfg file that I can adjust? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ppgstf on
Brook

What's your FS "Home" airfield?

I tend to use Martha's Vineyard (KMVY) more often than not, as I'm originally from Massachusetts, and I know the island in real life. I like it as my pattern practice base and the short hop over to Nantucket (KACK) makes for a nice trip for practicing na...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W5PDA on
everest63

Scenery flashes

While at a particular airport, Boston Logan, after I land , right in front of the aircraft, the runway, taxiway etc, flashes black. It never happens before takeoff, only after landing. Not all the time. The Boston Logan scenery is not the default airport...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Air-Head on
waj2306

Flight Level information?

For the longest time, I have used the flight level shown on the Create Flight screen, that uses 3000, 4000, 5000, ect. I know this is not acurate, and would like to find some help on setting the Flight Level at a more realistic altitude....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Bran09

visiontek hd 2400 problem

okay i recently welll just now got the hd 2400 video card bye visiontek installed the drivers and started up fs for some reason i get 2 fps why is that i thought it was supposed to increase the fps help please!!!! i dont know what to do? 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Buttons11 on
waj2306

Family Photo on Dash?

While brousing the great screenshots on here, I came across a guy that had a family photo placed on his panel. How did he do that? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
fupi

AI Traffic!

Just a question, do any of you have only AI traffic and no default traffic? I know I do. Also, do any of you find that the AI Traffic is more frame rate friendly than default? Thanks for any replies!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
effieveda

Splash screen problem

I've been having this problem ever since I installed FS9. The first picture is what appears when I start FS9 in "full screen" mode. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/33240/splash-screen-problem_7e06813424a21d6d054e5e9e922ba68a.jpg ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
Air-Head

Missed Approach.....what do you do first...

Ok, the scene. 747-400 (default) at 2,500ft, 170kts approx, using IFR flight plan, being guided around by ATC. Then on the last part I fail to "catch" the ILS....for Approach. Report missed approach, told to increase height, change course etc. I dial...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Prozac919 on
eyton402

Engine Start

Just recently whenever I select an aircraft the engines are always shut down and I have to start them using Control E. All aircraft are the same. Sometimes they will start using Control E sometimes not. I must have ticked/junticked a box somehow. An...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
tiger7881

fs9 in vista doesnt work.

Well hi old felas, I just installed vista and its sp1. I installed fs9, but it seems not to work. I click on the fs9 icon it loads splash screen but then says "MS 2004 has stopped working, looking for solutions" the only solution SM gives me is the 9.1 up...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
millerja911

Luggage car _ how to opperate? Please Help

every one says to hit shift E and 2 but this doesnt work or shift E and 3. what am i doing wrong. please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bran09 on
hffin

View options problem and Shift Z problem (window.dll error)

Hello! I am having some problems after a (almost) fresh install of Flight Simulator 2004. When i press "Shift + Z" to get the FPS and other sht, it doesn't show up at all. Yes, i checked in the key assignments that Shift + Z was assigned to display it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hffin on
Westernstyle

FS2004 Ultimate Traffic Performance Problems

Just some help please. my fs2004 Ultimate traffic has now decreased in the amount of traffic at the airportss. it started off fine, now there is little. please help. :oops: 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
renesis on
Divebanca

Display problems: Background turns grey?

It seems that FS9 dispays in different 'layers'. The background keeps turning 'grey' no details when in spot plane mode. The detail disappears - must be a graphics issue. Can anyone help to tell me how to config. display settings. Of course it just might ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Divebanca on
Brook

Weather -- How to Make a Solid Cloud Floor?

I'm trying to create a weather theme with clear on top/ solid white cloud floor below and having no luck. I can never seem to completely obscure my view of the ground while maintaining clear conditions on top. I only get my ground view down to "murky...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Brook

How do I land the Piper Cub...

without the wheels pointing at the clouds when i come to a stop??? I need some tips. I've figured out that the plane is still flying even with its wheels on the ground. I need to rudder-left to counter its natural pull to the right...pull back on th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
thunderbird522 on
sobi44

Missing gauges after installation c182 nav trainer

Hello This panel is useful for the training. after unziping correct file for my FS2004 and changing the path to extract the files, a new c182 nav trainer plane has been addded to my aircraft list. But I have some missing gauges as Digital Trim, dig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
rickypig112

just wondering

i was watching something earlier that was saying in emergencies aircraft can drop thousands of feet in a matter of minutes... how does it do this without doing a nose dive???? even by sowing the plane right down your at risk of stalling surely!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on

fs9.exe

well normal would be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9 or it could start with D:\, ect hope that helps emerald...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
drwhoere on
effieveda

Intersections

Does anyone know of a way to add an intersection to FS2004? Thanks in advance ... Art...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
Bran09

Anti aliasing help

okay when i turn my anti liasing to 8xS the highest i go into fs9 and theres no differnce its the same old jaggies not smoothed at all! so what can i do to make this anti liasing work. Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
eyton402

aircraft installation

Im not sure about the protocol here but,,,, Can anyone check out a download site for me I have been trying to download the TU 154 with no luck. I even bought a download but still cant start the engines. I am wondering if it might be my computer. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
twinpilots

Help with joystick

Hey my joystick has started to go all crazy all of a sudden like i would be taking off then would do a sharp turn to the right, with out me doing anything! the throttle wont work and however many times i calibrate it, it just doesn't stay centered. I've u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
djcevera

dual monitor questions

I just picked up another monitor...Need some help getting the cockpit view to span across both monitors for a wider view..i am running the 8800 GT OC thanks for any help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
drwhoere on
scab12

Flight Deck 5

Hey I have had FD5 for quite some time and I was woundering if there was a way to change the locaion of one or two of the carriers. If there isn't, is there a carrier set that I can change the location fo and adapt it to use the catipult and trap of F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scab12 on
Page 10 of 111