term "MIAS"

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

I know KIAS, KTAS, KCAS, MPH but what is MIAS?

I encountered it on some older Piper Arrow checklist.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

3rd paragraph down.

However, Fate always wins. (Unless the Lady is playing *). I dragged the plane from its hangar, got it fuelled, preflighted and got ready to go. Lee Simmons, my primary instructor, is instructing me again for complex, so we strapped in and rolled out to runway 31 at SPX. Lined up and ready, Lee warned me that I needed to pay careful attention to the right rudder as the 200 hp engine had plenty of torque, so I expected to have to keep Musketeer-like rudder inputs. This worked out good. We rolled, and the airspeed came off the peg. 65 MIAS (this aircraft is marked in mph) is time to rotate, so I rotated, and the plane broke ground shortly after this.

http://www.alioth.net/flying/pa28r200/index.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

So, thats MPH as marked on the airspeed indicator. MPH (IAS).

I did some conversions after I posted and the numbers worked out exactly going from MIAS (MPH) and KIAS and vice versa. Thanks for the research RadarMan! Now I can retype the checklist and update it to read KIAS etc.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...