Aircraft Voice, 50,40,30,20,10 retard?!

Pro Member Trainee
Jack (CaptainDale) Trainee

Where can i get that voice that tells you how high you are and then says 50,40,30,20,10, and then retard is it?

Anyway I would appreciate any info on this.

Thanks. Surprised

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
benbastock Trainee

fspassengers has gpws like that so does fsinn if you connect to vatsim

http://www.fspassengers.com/

http://www.vatsim.net/

p.s i think its its recharge not retard lol

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

i have enough people calling me a retard in real life. why would i want FSX to start doing it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

hahahaah. funny part is you can record your own voice on it. So potentially you could call yourself a retard.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

belgeode wrote:

So potentially you could call yourself a retard.

i do that often enough now!

😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

GPWS Ground Proximity Warning System
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=gpws&fulltext=fulltext&sourceid=mozilla-search

Here is an add on program for GPWS but it's not simple to install. An easier path would be to get a panel that already incorporates GPWS.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2647/fs2004-gpws-gauge/

Pro Member Trainee
thunderbird522 Trainee

cheezyflier wrote:

i have enough people calling me a retard in real life. why would i want FSX to start doing it?

Ha Ha very funny, It means bring the throttles back to idle for touchdown

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

You need to have also 2 gauges in your main Gauge folder, and 2 lines entry in your panel.cfg file (for every aircraft you want this feature). The gauages are mostly already in various additional models (FPDA_Boeing_Callout.gau and FPDA_A330_Callout.gau). You go then to your panel.cfg and put two lines:
gaugeXX=FPDA_A330_Callout, 8,8,56,65
gaugeXX=FPDA_Boeing_Callout, 8,8,56,65
where the XXs are the following gauage numbers in the panel.cfg file
Then you need few wav files in your main Sound folder FPDA_Boeing_2500(1000,500,400,300,200,100,50,40,30,20,10)ft.wav
all done 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Project Magneta, you also need WideFS & FSUIPC installed (all 3 are free) loads of diffrent call outs sounds etc for Airbus and Boeing.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there!

It appears you're asking about the "GPWS" or Ground Proximity Warning System, an auditory tool used in many airplanes, including those in flight simulators like MSFS 2004, MSFS 2020, and X-Plane 12. This system is responsible for the voice callouts you've mentioned. Let's dive deeper.

GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System) alerts pilots if their aircraft is in immediate danger of flying into the ground or an obstacle. This is crucial in real-world aviation and brings an added layer of realism to flight simulators.

The series of numbers you mentioned (50, 40, 30, 20, 10) are height callouts given by the GPWS when landing, known as the "Radar Altimeter" readings. They represent the aircraft's height (in feet) above the ground during the final approach.

The term "Retard" is a callout used predominantly in Airbus aircraft, advising the pilot to pull back (retard) the thrust levers to the idle position during landing.

Now, to answer your query on where to get this voice feature:

If you're using Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, some aircraft add-ons already have this feature integrated. However, if the default or your chosen aircraft doesn't have this, you can add it using third-party tools. For the most accurate simulation experience, consider software like FlightDeck SFX Panel or FS2Crew.

• FlightDeck SFX Panel: This is an add-on that adds a variety of cockpit sounds, including the GPWS voice callouts. It's an easy-to-use panel that you can install for individual aircraft.
  • FS2Crew: This tool adds a co-pilot and flight crew to your flight simulator. It makes your simulation more realistic by adding the GPWS callouts along with numerous other voices and sounds.

Please note, these links are for MSFS 2004. However, similar options are also available for the newer simulators like MSFS 2020 and X-Plane 12.

Remember to read the documentation provided with these tools for installation instructions.

Hopefully, this answers your question and helps to enhance your flight simulation experience. Remember, the key is in finding the right add-ons and using them effectively. If you have more queries, don't hesitate to ask.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...