The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team is pleased to announce a product update for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight. In response to customer feedback and Product Support information, the Update will address a series of enhancements and content updates.
- Addressed slow frame rates for flights repeatedly in and out of a common area. Frame rate decreases have been corrected by fixes to Autogen scenery behavior and memory allocation.
- Addressed product stability issues that were due to changes of season in particular airport environments. Users will experience stable and consistent behavior when changing the time and season across any of the airports at any level of scenery detail.
- Addressed additional product stability issues tied to various features throughout the product.
- Addressed issues with configuration file updates to make sure all option changes are reflected during subsequent launches.
- Restored support for 19 meter digital elevation data as was supported in Flight Simulator 2002.
- The update includes over 160 bridge models to replace missing bridges. These new bridges will appear at all scenery settings of normal and higher.
- Kennedy Airport (KJFK) features new autogen objects to enhance the high detailed scenery and terrain for the airport and surrounding area.
- Virtual Student Pilots completing their first solo flights will correctly receive Solo Certificates for their accomplishments.
- The update is available for the English, Deutsch, Franšais, Italiano, Espa˝ol, and Japanese editions.
1. Download and
save the Update file fs91upd.exe to your Flight Simulator 2004
directory. (For example, C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight
2. Double-click the Update icon and follow the instructions on the screen.
3. When installation is complete, you'll get a message stating the update was successful.
To determine if you need the Microsoft« Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight (UPDATE):
1. Run Flight Simulator 2004.
2. Click Fly Now!
3. Press ALT to display the menu bar.
4. Click About Microsoft Flight Simulator on the Help menu.
5. Check the version number in the About Microsoft Flight Simulator
dialog box. If the version number is 9.0 we recommend installing the
After updating, the version number for Flight Simulator 2004 will be 9.1.
This file has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 with a total of 1 votes
- Download hits
- File size
- 26.79 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned within the last 30 days with ClamAV and found to be free of all known virus.
- Access to file
- Content Rating
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our installation help page here or view the README file contained within the file.