Signing-up for a Pro account gives you super fast uncapped speed to the thousands of FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane downloads which include aircraft, scenery and more - click here to view the library for free or...
Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.
Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.
MissionGlacier Park Fishing Trip. Fly your Grumman Goose 'Fishing Edition' (included) to Lake McDonald in beautiful Glacier National Park and do some fishing for lake trout and perch. Fly back to Glacier Park International (KFCA) to drop off your fish. Features a full tabbed briefing with charts, kneeboard, extra scenery, theme music, a reward, and a special 'random' factor that means the mission is never the same twice. Fly this mission with friends and have fishing contests and poker hands for even more fun. By Mike Lanza.
* This zip file is for FSX use only - it will not work in FS9.
- Make sure your 'Airport vehicle density' slider is turned up to Low or higher under 'Traffic Settings.'.
- Make sure your 'Show captions' box is checked under 'General Settings.'
1. Unzip the file into a temporary folder. This will create 3 folders: Missions, Rewards, & SimObjects.
2. In the 'Missions' folder there will be a sub-folder called 'The Good Life.' Copy or move the folder inside the 'The Good Life' folder called 'Glacier_Park' into your Missions/The Good Life folder in your FSX directory.
3. Inside the 'Rewards' folder is a file called 'glacier_park.RWD.' Copy or move this file to the 'Rewards' folder in your FSX directory.
4. In the 'SimObjects' folder is a sub-folder called 'Airplanes.' Copy or move the folder inside the 'Airplanes' folder called 'Grumman_Goose_G21A_Fish' to your simobjects/airplanes folder in your FSX directory.
5. Start FSX and go to Missions. The Mission will appear in 'The Good Life' Mission category as "Glacier Park Fishing Trip" as a 'Beginner' mission. Choose the mission and click the 'Go To Briefing' button.
6. PLEASE read the briefing carefully as it expains exactly how the fishing mission works. When you are ready, simply click the 'Fly' button and the mission will begin. You will hear an introduction right away and this will indicate that the mission is working.
Author: Mike Lanza
The archive glacpark.zip has 58 files and directories contained within it. View them...
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|The Good Life||01.18.09||0 B|
|Glacier Park Fishing Trip.FLT||02.08.08||10.00 kB|
|Glacier Park Fishing Trip.WX||02.08.08||151.70 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Sometimes, getting a mission that is actually fun can be tough work. Many missions follow generic and dour scripts, with repetition becoming a problem quickly. Sometimes, though, you come across something a bit more engaging. When I heard of this fishing trip mission for FSX, my interest was peaked.
Having always been impressed by the work of Mike Lanza in the past, this was one I wanted to try out.
So, I downloaded the mod and decided to give it a go. What did I think?
I found that the installation was the hardest and least enjoyable part of the process. Although it installs fairly easily, I had a bit of trouble getting it to feel right. Simply unzip the file into a temporary location, resulting in three folders being created – Missions, Rewards and SimObjects.
Then, make your way over to our Missions, Rewards and Airplanes folders in your official FSX folder. Depending on the version of FSX you are using and personal preference, the location will change. You simply copy in the corresponding files into the folders that it’s supposed to read.
It’s that simple to install this mod – but how does it perform? Is it fun?
Yes, yes it is. Simply start off by go to your Missions selection in FSX. Choose the mission titled ‘Glacier Park Fishing Trip’ under ‘The Good Life’ and start it up. Once it starts, you are introduced to the parameters of the mission and your aircraft.
The aim here is simple, then. You are to pick up a Grumman Goose aircraft, and fly off to Lake McDonald in the Glacier National Park. One there, you have to do some trout and perch fishing. It’s easy enough to follow through with the request, before taking off again to drop off the fish at the Glacier Park International airport.
To do this you get a full and clear briefing to help you understand every step. You also get access to new scenery, fresh theme music, and a ‘random’ factor that can change the parameters of the mission numerous times. As such, this can be a good mission to engage with if you want to have some fishing contests with friends – it’s available for use online.
I was really impressed in the past with Mike Lanza and this is no different. The mission is tranquil, it’s pretty engaging and a lot of fun to take part in. if you want a new FSX mission that moves away from the dour norm, this is definitely worth your time.
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.
Join over 130,000 subscribers of our free dedicated flight simulation newsletter. Featuring new downloads, products and industry news.