FSX VTOL/Hover Gauge For Wilco Tiltrotor
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 20.12 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 23 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
V4.0 for Wilco Tiltrotor. This freeware package adds new V(S)TOL and hover features to the Wilco BA609 Tiltrotor. This solution is based on overriding the normal FS flight dynamics when the nacelles are rotated out of the normal flight position; in short, it's a V(S)TOL and hover FDE coded in a gauge. To use this add-on, you need to have the (payware) Wilco Tiltrotor installed, and working. The readme includes extensive installation and flying instructions. By Rob Barendregt.
- I changed to a control method, using "smoothed-out throttle position" as criteria for V/S, instead of Proppitch axis or N1. Which combines the advantages of both methods: no more hugh N1-lagging, no sudden V/S changes due to elevated platforms, and no re-assignment of control axis needed. In fact, the whole control method has been revised, including the lack of "inertia" during VTOL/hover; meaning that longitudinal / lateral speed changes due to changing pitch/bank attitude, aren't immediate anymore but lag the aircraft attitude; like you
- would expect in helicopter mode.
- Improved groundcontrol; works on moving surfaces (aircraft carriers) too.
- * ALL* 10 nacelles positions, except fully forward, are now under gauge control. This is to avoid the awkward nacelle-transition effects in previous versions, and also gives a much more realistic flight behavior when nacelles are rotated in any
- position other then normal (forward) position.
- Addition of a down-camera for Vertical Landings. (Shift-7)
- Includes a (automatic) rotorwash dust effect.
The archive rcbvcb40.zip has 12 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|README RCBvcb40.txt||09.23.12||18.18 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.