FSX VTOL/Hover Gauge For Alphasim/Virtavia V22 Osprey
This freeware package adds new V(S)TOL and hover features to the V-22 Osprey. Besides true vertical takeoff and landing, it allows you to fly forward, backward, sideways and turn, while in a hover. This solution is based on overriding the normal FS flight dynamics when the nacelles are rotated...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 61.95 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 14 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This freeware package adds new V(S)TOL and hover features to the V-22 Osprey. Besides true vertical takeoff and landing, it allows you to fly forward, backward, sideways and turn, while in a hover. This solution is based on overriding the normal FS flight dynamics when the nacelles are rotated out of the normal flight position; in short, it's a V(S)TOL and hover FDE coded in a gauge. For users of previous versions of this add-on, this is a major update. The readme includes extensive installation and flying instructions. Requires prior installation of Peter Dowson's FSUIPC (registered or un-registered). For FSX-SP2 or FSX-Acceleration only. By Rob Barendregt.
Added functionality (for details, see below):
- Smooth and stable V(S)TOL/Hover capabilities, with pilot-controlled ascent/descent rate, longitudinal and lateral speed, heading, pitch and bank. Includes functions, like weight dependency on V/S, ground effect and HOGE ceiling limitation.
- Works under ALL wind conditions.
- Adds a "groundcontrol", for easy forward/backward taxiing; this also works on moving surfaces, like moving aircraft carriers.
- Possible nacelles rotations are: 0 (normal flight) to 90 degrees, in 10 discrete steps, using the normal "flaps" commands. The control gauge is active when the nacelles rotated are out-of the normal cruise flight position.
- New AutoPilot settings, enabling proper working IAS/MACH hold function.
- Payload definitions, allowing addition of payload to max. gross weight.
- Navlights, now controlled by Nav-lightswitch on the panel.
- Auto-ParkingBrakes release when you throttle up.
- Auto-rotation of the nacelles to min. 40 degrees, when engines are running and landing gear is down.
- A Rotorwash dust effect.
- A down-camera 2D-window view, to aid with vertical landings.
The archive rcbvca40.zip has 23 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Virtavia MV-22 Osprey||09.19.12||0 B|
|README RCBvca40.txt||09.23.12||21.78 kB|
|README FIRST.txt||09.19.12||139 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Flight School for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.