Addit! Pro: Aircraft & Add-on Manager/Installer for FSX
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 26.24 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 23 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Addit! Pro gives you the power to fully manage all of your Flight Simulator X addons. Quickly and easily install new addons. Archive addons to Addit! Pro's File Cabinet or recreate them in folders or zip files. Removing addons is just as effortless. Assign new panels and sounds to your fleet of aircraft. Conflicts and configuration problems are identified before they cause any grief.
When you install scenery, Addit! Pro can automatically update Flight Simulator's scenery library (Scenery.cfg). A full-featured scenery library editor provides all of the functionality of Flight Simulator's scenery library manager plus much more! The program handles aircraft, adventures, A.I. airport and facilities data flights, flight plans, gauges, missions, panels, scenery, skins and repaints, sounds, textures, videos, weather and more!
The Addon Wizard appears when you first start the program. The Addon Wizard lists all of Addit! Pro's core functions and provides a detailed description of each of them. Help is always available should you need it. Just press F1 or click on the Help button.
The Addon Installation Wizard makes installing addons a breeze. The Wizard allows you to quickly identify the zip (or rar) file you want to install. It handles the complicated and time-consuming task of installing files to their proper locations and configuring Flight Simulator. Conflicts and problems are identified before they cause trouble. You will know if any files will be overwritten and may defer the overwrite or accept it. Addit! Pro keeps track of older files, restoring them later, as necessary to ensure the integrity of other addons.
You can import aircraft, panels, sounds and scenery. New addons can even be imported automatically during startup. Scenery can be easily installed to custom folders, to your Addon Scenery folder or to Flight Simulator's general scenery folder. Addit! Pro can update Flight Simulator's scenery library so you do not need to locate, arrange, prioritize and enable the scenery yourself. You will always have total control over your scenery library with the robust scenery library editor.
Addons are easily managed with Addit! Pro. Rename addons as you see fit, enter optional descriptions, record the authors and even rate your addons. Examine addon files in detail, review documentation, view image files and play sound files, using a convenient central interface. You can move addons to Addit! Pro's File Cabinet for safe keeping, recreate them in folders or zip files, or delete them. Removing addons is safe because Addit! Pro knows if other addons depend on the files being removed. You can even repair addons, finding replacements for damaged or corrupt files.
The Edit Aircraft window gives you the power to quickly change an aircraft's panel or sound. Assign pictures to aircraft and panels. Create or remove aircraft variants. Quickly open configuration files, checklists and reference files. Hide aircraft to shorten Flight Simulator's in-game aircraft list. Addit! Pro identifies configuration file errors and can generate a report explaining the problems. Powerful filtering methods allow you to work with only the addons you wish to see. Select and fly an aircraft immediately, quickly updating the default flight and starting Flight Simulator in one step. The Edit Panels and Edit Sounds windows provide similar functionality for panels and sounds.
The Addon History shows a log of every addon you import or install over time. Details like zip/rar filename, size, an author list, rating and addon description are saved in the History. Use the Addon History window to see if you have previously installed an addon, look for an addon removed on a specific date, search for an old addon's zip filename and more!
Use the FS Configuration Manager to perform a variety of tasks on Flight Simulator's main program configuration (.cfg) files. Set up a configuration environment to handle certain scenery, another for helicopters and one for a high screen resolution. Switch among them with ease.
The program is very customizable and it remembers your preferences. Sort lists by any column, show icons and quickly access files. Most lists are searchable by name or date and you can even create printable reports. You can also automatically optimize Addit! Pro's database, select a start-up window, set colors and more. Context menus are available for just about everything so when in doubt, right-click!
Addit! Pro uses a multiple document interface (MDI). This allows you to work with several windows simultaneously. While installing an aircraft addon you can also be examining your existing aircraft and browsing folders. Windows can be resized and repositioned and the program remembers their configuration for next time. The Toolbar is customizable with ToolTips and captions.
With Addit! Pro you will never have to do it the "other" way again!
How Does it Work?
Say you just downloaded an aircraft addon and you want to use it with Flight Simulator. Just open Addit! Pro's Addon Installation Wizard and select the zip (or rar) file. The program analyzes the addon to determine the best installation. Tweak the settings if you wish then press Finish. Your addon is installed and you can use it immediately. It's really that simple!
Managing the addons you install is equally painless. Quickly delete addons, move those you're not using to Addit! Pro's File Cabinet, and even recreate addons in folders or zip files. The addons you archive are automatically zipped to save disk space.
Use the Edit Aircraft display to quickly change any aircraft's panel or sound. Just pick an aircraft, select Change Panel or Change Sound, and choose a new item from the list. You can even assign pictures to aircraft and panels - in fact, several pictures are included to get you started!
The program is easy to use but if you need assistance, context sensitive help is only a key press away.
- Addon Installation Wizard guides you through the installation process. Install from a zip or rar file or from regular files in a folder.
- Most addons install in just a few mouse clicks. Yes, that fast! You can even right click on a zip/rar file in Windows Explorer and pick "Install to FSX Using Addit! Pro" for very fast results.
- Tweak the installation to your preferences.
- Install all types of addon files including aircraft, adventures, A.I. airport and facilities data, flights, flight plans, gauges, missions, panels, movies, scenery, skins and repaints, rewards files, sounds, textures, videos, weather and more! Flight Simulator X mission addons are fully supported.
- Easily apply texture skin/repaints to existing addons. Addit! Pro scans your aircraft to find a match and can create new aircraft variants automatically.
- Import existing addons with a variety of options, even automatically import new addons at startup.
- Install scenery to Flight Simulator's global scenery folder, addon scenery folder or to a folder of your choice. Addit! Pro can automatically update Flight Simulator's scenery library, too.
- Install addons from a zip or rar archive or install files in a regular folder. Even zip files within zip files are no problem for Addit! Pro.
- Automatically assign pictures to aircraft, panels and scenery! Optionally limit image size for better performance in Addit! Pro and Flight Simulator's Aircraft List.
- Quickly change SimObjects categories (Airplanes, Rotorcraft, etc.) during aircraft installs in just two clicks!
- Preview sounds and image files including Microsoft DirectDraw Surface (DDS) graphics files and Portable Network Graphics (PNG) graphics files
- Addon History logs every addon you install, storing addon names, descriptions, zip/rar filenames, your personal rating and more.
- Install addons directly to Flight Simulator or to Addit! Pro's File Cabinet.
- Optionally record a description, author's name and assign a rating to the addon.
- Addon Removal Wizard guides you through the removal process.
- Fast uninstall process makes rolling back an installation a breeze.
- Several removal options: delete an addon, move it to Addit! Pro's File Cabinet or recreate it in a folder. You can even recreate addons in zip files!
- Make copies of addons in folders or zip files.
- Addons placed in the File Cabinet can be reinstalled or deleted at any time.
- Remove an entire addon, a group of addons or only selected files.
- Scenery can be automatically removed from Flight Simulator's scenery library!
- Prevents removal of files used by other addons.
- Robust aircraft editing features allow you to manage your entire suite of aircraft.
- Quickly hide aircraft to streamline Flight Simulator's in-game aircraft list!
- View and modify configuration information, panel and sound assignments and aircraft details.
- Edit performance data, identity and description information without using a separate text editor! You can change Title, ATC ID, ATC Airline, ATC Flight Number, Manufacturer, Type, Variation, Role, Created By and Category.
- Filter out aircraft you do not wish to see.
- Easily merge a skin repaint addon into its base aircraft.
- Create and print an aircraft fleet report.
- Easily access, open and edit configuration files.
- A flat list view shows all available aircraft with far more information than Flight Simulator, while a tree view hides variants until you reveal them.
- Change aircraft folder names without breaking dependent addons!
- Quickly change the aircraft used by your default startup flight.
- Assign pictures to aircraft. Limit thumbnail size for performance and copy and paste images to and from the Windows Clipboard.
- Select and fly an aircraft immediately.
- Identify and fix configuration problems.
- Repair damaged or incomplete aircraft.
- Search for aircraft by name or creation date.
- Panel editing features allow you to manage your entire collection of panels independently from aircraft.
- View panels alphabetically or by creation date.
- View configuration information.
- Filter out panels you do not wish to see.
- Merge a standalone panel with an aircraft to form a complete package.
- Create and print a panel list report.
- Easily access and edit configuration files.
- Change panel folder names without breaking dependent addons!
- Assign pictures to panels. Limit thumbnail size for performance and copy and paste images to and from the Windows Clipboard.
- Identify and fix configuration problems.
- Repair damaged or incomplete panels.
- Search for panels by name or creation date.
- Sound package editing features allow you to manage your sounds independently from aircraft.
- View sounds alphabetically or by creation date.
- View configuration information.
- Filter out sounds you do not wish to see.
- Create and print a sound package report.
- Easily access and edit configuration files.
- Change sound folder names without breaking dependent addons!
- Identify and fix configuration problems.
- Repair damaged or incomplete sound packages.
- Search for sounds by name or creation date.
- Listen to any wav or mp3 file used in the sound package.
- Full-featured scenery library editor provides all of the functionality of Flight Simulator's scenery library manager plus much more!
- View scenery areas by title, priority or creation date.
- Import scenery from Flight Simulator's scenery library.
- Rearrange scenery areas, set layer priorities, edit areas, add areas and delete them.
- Create and print a scenery area report.
- Quickly activate (or deactivate) areas by simply checking a box.
- Move and rename scenery folders.
- Quickly open scenery configuration files, make backups and restore from existing backup files.
- Assign pictures to scenery. Limit thumbnail size for performance and copy and paste images to and from the Windows Clipboard.
- Verify the integrity of path specifications and look for missing scenery files.
- Search for scenery by name, priority # or creation date
Other Features and Highlights
- Benefit from multiple Flight Simulator program configuration files using the FS Configuration Manager.
- Addon Wizard gets you going quickly and acts as a central hub for all major features.
- Very easy to use. Context sensitive help is always available.
- Flip bars help you search for items and filter them.
- Well organized HTML-based help system includes a user's guide, screen reference, glossary, helpful tips and a troubleshooting section.
- Customizable Toolbar with submenus, ToolTips and captions.
- Change startup options, modify the program's appearance, tweak installation and removal behavior and more.
- Shortcuts to starting Flight Simulator and some of your favorite utilities and Windows functions.
- Context menus for fast access to functions as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Highly customizable! Tailor the software to your needs.
- Work with several windows simultaneously.
- Produce HTML or text reports, saved to a folder of your choice.
- Supports zip and rar file formats.
- Online walkthroughs teach you how to use Addit! Pro using real, downloadable addons.
Recommended Installation Method
Addit! Pro is packaged in a zip file called apxv741.zip. To download and install the program, follow these instructions:
- Download this software package using the button above or below "Download".
- Use an unzipping utility to unzip the file - if your browser has done it automatically, go to the next step...
- Go to the unzipped folder and run Setup.exe.
- Follow Setup's instructions to complete the installation.
If you are updating an existing copy of Addit! Pro For Flight Simulator X, Setup may offer to upgrade you automatically. If, however, Setup does not find your current installation of Addit! Pro, please install this release to the same folder as your existing copy.
The archive apxv758.zip has 17 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Although the flight simulation community is one of the best out there for staying active and always improving, it can become a bit troublesome trying to manage all of the various addons and modifications that you download and install. Therefore, it’s always useful to have something to help you out – I personally find myself spending hours just organizing it all, never mind actually using any of the addons!
If you want to avoid this kind of tangle and make sure that your mods are seamlessly blended into your usual experience, you can use Addit! Pro. It’s a simple installation manager that makes your life so much easier and can really help you out in a pinch. Looking for a way to get yourself out of those directories and behind the cockpit again? Then you need this – it takes away all of the frustration that comes with addons and mods, and makes your simulation experience so much more fluid.
The help files are detailed and self-explanatory and really make using a complex program absolutely simple. If you do find yourself stuck with any of the help files, the forums for Addit! Pro are bountiful and have plenty of useful tips and solutions on there if you are struggling with anything. For all of the help that this program provides though, it’s incredibly simple to use. You’ll be able to easily import everything that you want to use, and you can make sure that any new addons are added in right away. In short, this is one of the most useful tools that you can have at your disposal when it comes to getting all of your addons working at once and making sure that your own simulation experience is as diverse as it can be.
You’ll even have plenty of descriptions there to help you keep track of what is what – if, like myself, you had a jungle of different file names and abbreviated folders then finding out what you were looking for could become quite troublesome indeed. This ends all of that difficulty and makes sure that you are going to have a long-term ally for using your mods, in one easy to use interface.
Everything is dealt with from the central interface so getting yourself all of the juicy information about a mod and then actually loading it up are just a few clicks away – you can literally launch straight into the game from the manager with the desired aircraft of your choice, making modding and playing more seamless than ever before. If you desire something that’s simple to use and can make the whole modding thing so much simpler, start here.
It’s an excellent tool and very much is worth having on your computer – it’s small in size, runs smoothly and makes sure that your mods are going to come out just fine. No longer will you pay for a mod and then struggle to find it whenever you want to use it again!
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.