Now available from Thomas Molitor is FS Flight Keeper v1.2, a utility for flightsim pilots that includes logging, weather planning and a basic black box. The logbook portion keeps flights while the black box records events like engine settings, weather, autopilot use, etc. An updated v1.2 is now available with numerous new features. For details, click on Read More.
FS Flight Keeper v1.2 has been released today. It contains the following new features:
- Instant Messaging Service with File Transfer feature (send Maps, Screenshots, etc.)
- Full antialiased World Map
- Offline Winds ALOFT
- Reuse of Offline files, if there are not outdated
- World wide weather display (METAR/ALOFT) for the World Map
- Weather Center 2 now supported
- ActiveSky wxRE support extended for v1.7+
- Double clicking a flight event or a flight plan entry will center the world map, if
- the map is displaying the current flight
- You can now edit the flight value "Created on"
- The flap setting display can now be added/modified in the aircraft configuration file "Aircraft.cfg"
- Direct SMTP support for sending emails (MAPI still supported)
- TAS value will be displayed in the live ACARS traffic watch
- GUI extended to support more XP styles (e.g. Status Bar, Tabs, Vertical Bar, etc.)
- Added G-Force average, minumum and maximum values and flight critique
- Added logging of Radio frequencies (COM, NAV and ADF)
- System wide hotkeys for some in-flight FSFK functions (e.g. Connect/Disconnect and live ACARS)
- Map screenshots can now be saved also in JPEG format
- New export template tags "FlightMapJPG", "FlightMapWeatherJPG", "FlightMapEventsJPG", "FlightMapAllJPG", that allows to create flight route screenshots saved with the HTML export file
- Two new flight export templates for displaying route and weather map screenshots
- Flap settings can now be entered as strings (e.g. Airbus setting "1+F")
- Screenshot Manager, that allows to take screenshots during your flight and lets you manage them later after finishing your flight
- New "Flight Weather Map" button in the Flight Editor, that will display the planned/flight weather on the World Map
What Can FSFK Do For You?
FS Flight Keeper (FSFK) combines three programs in one: A Logbook, a basic Aircraft Black Box and a Flight Weather planning tool. The Logbook keeps track of the flights you made. It stores Flight Times (also Day and Night), Fuel used, Pilot, Aircraft used, etc. Whilst the Black Box logs all aircraft events like autopilot settings, engine settings, weather, etc. FSFK also features flight weather planning (METARs, TAFs and ALOFTs), data export, configurable flight critique, World Map display and much more.
FS Flight Keeper contains some features for Virtual Airlines (VA), which need a standardized way of logging and transmitting flights. FS Flight Keeper can transmit fully customizable flight reports via Email or any available Web Service (page). FSFK also offers realtime (live) ACARS. This means that ACARS messages are created in realtime and automatically transmitted to an existing Virtual Airline Web Service. The service can then store and process the received messages. Virtual Airline (live ACARS) Traffic can displayed on the World Map.
All trial registrations have been removed, so everyone can download a new trial. The update is free for all registered users. A new Virtual Airline Software Development Kit (SDK) will explain how to implement FSFK VA services. A complete sample service is also included. For more information and screenshots visit the FS Flight Keeper Homepage: