FeelThere’s new release, Embraer Phenom 100, is expected to uphold the company’s reputation for designing top quality products.
Embraer Phenom 100
The Embraer Phenom 100 is a small jet aircraft manufactured by Embraer S.A., a Brazilian aircraft manufacturer that produces executive, commercial and military aircraft. The aircraft has the capacity to carry 4-6 passengers with a single crew.
Two Pratt and Whitney Canada PW617-F turbofan engines that are mounted at the rear power the aircraft. The aircraft has an automatic performance reserve (APR) feature that can increase engine output in the engine fails during takeoff. The aircraft has a maximum flying range of about 1,178 nmi (2,182 km). The first Embraer Phenom 100 was delivered in 2008, and to date, there have been 240 deliveries. The aircraft’s current price tag is US$ 3.6 million.
The aircraft is operated by many private individuals, companies, military operators, and charter operators. Like other light jets, the Embraer Phenom I00 is popular for its benefits, including lower operating costs and ability to operate from short runways.
Embraer Phenom 100 for FS2004 and FSX gives you the opportunity to fly this aircraft.
Embraer Phenom 100 has been designed to make it easy for you to simply jump in and go – you will be able to quickly power up this bird and take-off, and enjoy the highest levels of immersion.
This highly detailed Phenom 100 (by Embraer) for FS2004 and FSX boasts several features:
- Highly accurate and realistic flight dynamics, based on the aircraft manufacturer’s specifications
- Carries up to 4 passengers, with a 1178 range
- Highly detailed interiors with excellent details
- New generation Garmin 1000 flight deck
- Many animations
- Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC)
- A very immersive sound experience, from Turbine Sound Studios
- Highly interactive 3D virtual cockpit
- Numerous photorealistic 2D control panels
- Latest glass cockpit with sophisticated GARMIN 1000 digital avionics
- Virtual cockpit mode
- Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) with caution and warning messages
- Excellent readability - screen resolutions from 1024x768 to 1920x1080
- Two panels for standard 4:3 and wide 16:9 screens
- EFIS screens for multi-monitor displays
- Autopilot with a wide range of systems that match the real aircraft
- Nearly all systems are simulated – hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, air conditioning, pressurization system, etc
- Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) for engine operation optimization throughout all phases of the flight, which helps to reduce fuel consumption and maintenance costs
- Ice detection
- VNAV mode for cruise and descent phase
- FMS for loading flight plans from FSX default flight planner
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 9
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 (or Acceleration Pack)
- Windows XP 32 bits - Vista 32 bits
- 2 GB RAM
- DX9 Graphic Card , 256 MB as minimum
Embraer Phenom 100 has a price tag of US $34.99
Since this is a new release, there aren’t enough reviews to have a balanced assessment of this product.
One user, David Armour, posted this review on the FS Pilot Shop Website:
I have only owned this aircraft for a couple of days but I have a lot of reservations about it. First of all, it is promoted as an easy aircraft to just get in and fly. Not so, as the 34 page manual might suggest. Even starting the aircraft with it's engines already running, the glass cockpit (wide) is very hard to read, (HD 23" monitor at 1920 x 1080). The autopilot is unnecessarily complicated and takes a lot of reading to understand. The audio warnings will drive you crazy as well, screaming away at the most trivial error. Probably realistic but not what you would expect in a jump in and fly mode. You can turn the warnings off. The aircraft flies well but no better than many of the freeware aircraft available in this class. This aircraft may be a good buy for $10 to $15 but way overpriced at $35.