FSX US Army OV-1 Mohawk
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 17.14 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 23 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is the Tim Conrad Grumman OV-1B Mohawk modified for FSX. This is the last known flying B model OV-1 Mohawk, US Army #59-2631. Owned by the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation. The Mohawk was an observation / battlefield surveillance aircraft and served the Army from 1959 to 1996. This aircraft served at the Army Aviation Facility in Winder GA with the Georgia Army National Guard from 1978-1985. Mohawk package has two liveries, an Army green #59-2631 and a low resolution Army gray. Both aircraft have a new 2D and VC cockpit for FSX. Includes history and pictures of the actual aircraft. Textures and updates by Mark Rooks of RDG Aircraft.
Screenshot of US Army OV-1 Mohawk in flight.
To install this aircraft:
As always back up any original files.
- Unzip downloaded folders to your desktop or temporary directory of your choice.
- Copy the " OV-1 Mohawk.zip " and paste it in the main aircraft folder. By default the main aircraft folder is located at: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\SIM Objects /Aircraft".
- Be sure to completely unzip all files the aircraft file when complete will contain 6 files the Following 6 files goes in the aircraft folder CFG Airfile Model Sound Panel Textures.
- Unzip the gauges folder and put the gauges in the FSX gauges folder located at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\Gauges".
- Unzip the effects folder and put the effects in the FSX effects folder located at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\effects".
Effects files are all the Afterburner effects in the Afterburner folder and the FX file in the Smoke effects folder.
Make sure all files are unzipped the New Plane folder should contain 6 files unzipped they are CFG Airfile Sound Model Texture Panel the New Plane folder with the 6 files goes in the game aircraft folder found at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes follow the path ie open the c drive then open program files then open Microsoft Games then open Microsoft Flight Simulator X then open SimObjects then open Airplanes folder the New Plane goes in that folder.
The archive winderov-1.zip has 8 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|OV-1 Mohawk.zip||01.25.12||11.39 MB|
|OV-1 Screen #2.jpg||01.25.12||57.56 kB|
|Pictures and History.zip||01.25.12||4.11 MB|
|Read Me First.txt||01.25.12||3.09 kB|
|Reg. Text.txt||01.25.12||671 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.