FSX AlphaSim Lockheed SR-71A Blackbird Patch 2
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 6.04 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 19 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Previous "update" zip files distributed for this model not needed. If the six original installation files are already installed (SRX20121.ZIP, SRX20122.ZIP, SRX20123.ZIP, SRX20124.ZIP, SRX20125.ZIP, SRX20126.ZIP), simply overwrite existing files with the ones in this update per README instructions. Open the README.txt file for many changes since update 1b patch and installation instructions. By Paul R. Varn.
Screenshot of Lockheed SR-71A Blackbird in flight.
Warning: This is a highly technical FDE which requires detailed knowledge of SR-71 specifications, limitations, standard procedures, and non-standard FS gauge operation. Please read the HTML Manual for complete information.
- Various existing gauge bug squishes.
- Many Manual corrections and additions.
- Autopilot panel has been replaced with controls from the concorde.gau gauge set. This solves the bug in the previous autopilot panel where the left of the heading set window turned heading off and on, and the right side incremented only. The positions of the Mach and IAS controls are optimized for easier IAS-Mach conversion switching.
- Leading edge heat signature. Uses the (until now) unused FS strobe light and an XML gauge to light the 3D model nose and engine spikes red above 300 degrees C. On the main panel, the unused strobe light switch is removed to avoid conflict.
- In a step toward a more realistic panel, the previous and confusing spike auto-manual switch has been removed and replaced with a more realistic gauge with spike and bypass door knobs (the bypass doors are not yet implemented.) See manual for operation details.
- There is now a clickable Autopilot Master Mode rotary knob on the main panel near the engine gauges. Not only does this reproduce a similar feature in the real plane, but it relieves the necessity to leave the AP window open all the time to see what mode you're in or make a change to the mode. See the manual for operating details.
- Throttle gauge has been rebuilt to remove the incremental jumps and is now perfectly smooth.
- A more consistent night lighting has been applied to all the gauges where possible. As a result, the panel is more uniform when dark despite the numerous sources for the gauges.
- The previous Concorde fuel pump switch has been removed and replaced with a custom pump gauge in the fuel panel. This removes the problems caused when inadvertently placing the Concorde pump in Auto mode. The new pump gauge has three positions. The default "Auto" position keeps the SR-71 fuel balanced properly and automatically without pilot intervention. See manual for details.
- Revised the CG and the CG control to nearly eliminate the need for the pilot to adjust the fuel balance in flight when fuel is loaded on the ground properly.
- The revised and refined balance system allowed tweaks to the autopilot so it is less bouncy (over aggressive.) Trim and lift is also now more accurate to real world. "Thargoids" still exist.
- The FS default Ground Proximity call-outs "Don't Sink", "Sink Rate", and "Flaps" are now totally under control without the need to rename or delete the wav files. They now occur at the right time and "flaps" does not occur. If you would like your other aircraft to use these callouts properly and consequently not rename-delete the FS callout files, consult the "[gpws]" section of this aircraft.cfg file which should be easy to understand and use in your other aircraft.
- Added Total Aircraft Weight display to the fuel panel.
- ILS tracking is MUCH improved.
- Kneepad checklist and reference files have been converted to htm (web) files so they display properly and look better.
- Smoothed out the sound a bit more.
- The main panel engine RPM analog and digital displays have been combined into one gauge to make better use of the space.
- The "xFeed Open" lamp on the Fuel Annunciator is now operational. It has special meaning and associated button click. See the Manual for more information.
- The APU is treated as a ground APU and will disconnect if the plane moves.
The archive srx2012updt2.zip has 17 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.