FSX WidevieW X 3.2 Utility
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 3.1 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 14 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
WidevieW can be used to create simulator cockpits with panoramic external views on multiple monitors through networked PCs. An high speed communication protocol working throughout the LAN, keeps all the views perfectly synchronized during ground operations and flight. Each computer can be easily configured to show a particular view through a user's defined view angle. Shareware. If unregistered, WidevieW is limited to 10 minutes of time per flight session.. By Luciano Napolitano.
Thank you for your interest in this software. The installation is done automatically, running the included setup. If you are upgrading from a previous release, just run setup as already said, making sure to OVERWRITE all the files having the same name, should it be asked by the installer (uninstalling the previous version is not required, the settings will not be lost). Upgrading users, BE SURE to read the What's New chapter for very important information.
Once installed, a new group will be created into Windows START menu | Programs, where the user's guide and the un-installation program is located. A WidevieW menu is automatically added to Flight Simulator X "Add-ons" menu, from where WidevieW can be configured and used (press ALT if you don't see the menu).
Adobe Acrobat Reader is necessary to visualize the manual.
Changes from version 3.1 to 3.2:
- Added aircraft profiles. Now custom view alignment settings can be defined per aircraft rather than globally, useful if you use the same computers for multiple aircrafts. Correct profile is activated automatically when its relative aircraft is loaded (see page 40)
- Added complete eye point synchronization throughout the network. In addition to cameras pitch and heading, now also cameras bank, X, Y and Z translations can be transmitted to the clients, via joysticks fire buttons or a 3D mouse (see page 48)
- Added support for 3D mouse via 3Dconnexion mice and optional fs6DOFware module. The 3D mouse can be used to reorient the views simultaneously and in real time, on all the clients, without losing the view alignment. Full 6DOF (degrees of freedom) is provided, to alter cameras pitch, heading, bank, X, Y and Z translation. Having difficulties seeing the runway on approach? Just push the 3D mouse a little bit to simulate your head movement and see things previously hidden.
- Added a network option to force Nagle algorithm deactivation. This is useful to prevent lagged clients on some switch / network card brands (see page 19)
- Now it's no longer necessary to restart Flight Simulator when the joystick assignments are changed, making much simpler and quicker to configure the fire buttons for custom WidevieW functions.
- The 'raise landing gear' option has been moved from configuration to view setup window, to let this option work with aircraft profiles.
- Updated manual now discussing Windows 7 too
- Upgrading users coming from version 2.2 or older, please continue to read below for very important information about changes since WidevieW 3.0
The archive wvx320.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.