FSX Idaho Backcountry Airports - 3U2 Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.29 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 7 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Idaho Backcountry Airports - 3U2, Johnson Creek, ID. One of the more popular destinations in the Idaho mountains. Airport has been completely redone. New runway look, scenery for the nearby campsite, the cabin in the nearby woods, static planes along the sides of the runway and more details around the airport. View file for more screenshots. By Erik van Onselen.
- Unzip the file into a temporary destination.
- Copy the folder 'Addon Scenery' into your main FSX folder. (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X).
- Start FSX and activate the scenery in the library. Make sure 'Addon Scenery' has the highest Priority.
- Scenery database will be created automaticly by FSX.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
I have used shape polygens for the Airport area and the runways, taxiways and aprons. No standard apron, taxiway or runway texture has been used since they look less realistic and sometimes it looks like they're 'floating'...
This also created a problem I was unaware of:
When youre texture resolution is set below to 30cm or 15cm the runway, taxiway and the apron will dissapear. However, 7cm works on my system. This might not occur with you so please try different texture resolutions.
I was not able to add any parking places to the airport since FSX crashed everytime I tried to load the airport with parking places. Normal parking area is on both sides of the runway.
You will notice that the runway will not be displayed in the standard grass runway textures. The runway looks far more realistic and will, just like real grass runways, not stand out too much. Please notice that there is no winter maintenance and the runway will almost dissapear during snowfall (Fall and Winter periods in FSX).
Read before flying
- ADDNL 250 FT OF LENGTH AVBL FOR TKOF ON RY 35 END.
- NO WINTER MAINTENANCE.
- NUMEROUS +60' TREES ADJACENT TO EACH SIDE OF RY.
- BE ALERT FOR SPRINKLERS ON RY.
- RECOMMEND LAND RWY 17; TKOF RWY 35 WHEN WIND CONDITIONS ALLOW.
- BIG GAME ANIMALS ON & INVOF AIRPORT.
- SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS SHOULD BE GIVEN TO DENSITY ALTITUDE, TURBULENCE, AND MOUNTAIN FLYING PROFICIENCY.
Aircraft operations: avg 101/week *
86% transient general aviation
14% air taxi
* for 12-month period ending 12 June 2008
The archive 3u2.zip has 12 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|3U2 - Johnson Creek||09.06.09||0 B|
|3U2 - Cabin.jpg||09.06.09||304.25 kB|
|3U2 - Campground.jpg||09.06.09||303.52 kB|
|3U2 - Runway.jpg||09.06.09||359.07 kB|
|3U2 - Scenery Logo.jpg||09.06.09||356.50 kB|
|Addon Scenery||09.06.09||0 B|
|Readme First.txt||09.06.09||2.63 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.