FSX Land Class For Southern Africa Update Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 738.18 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 23 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Scenery Land class for Southern Africa, update 1. Update 1 of detailed landclass for South Africa, consisting of landclass files of the previous FSXWORX20.ZIP and newly added landclass along the coastal areas and interior from the Western Cape to the Eastern Cape, eastern Mpumalanga, Kariba and Victoria Falls areas. The land class was done in a accordance with satellite images. By Hannes Steyn, Aeroworx.
Land Class For Southern Africa Scenery.
1. Please install the different Aeroworx released Scenery Parts according to their correct number sequence.
2. This scenery will work best with the Aeroworx mesh (FSXMesh0604 Part 1 to 4,FSXMESH0605 Part 1 to 3,FSXMESH0704 Part 1 to 3 and FSXMESH0705) and the latest release of detailed Terrain Features for Southern Africa. The level of the many dams and other vector data have been fine tuned to the elevations as in the Aeroworx FSX Mesh. If you use the default or any other meshes, you may find some dams to be sunken into the ground or sitting on elevated surfaces.
INSTALLATION - FSX
1. Unzip the file “fsxWorx20upd1.zip” to a temp directory. We strongly suggest that you create a directory for keeping the future Aeroworx FSX download scenery files.
2. Double click the “fsxWorx20upd1.exe” file and the auto installer will start. The installer will get your FSX install path from the registry, just follow the simple instructions.
3. The installer will create a directory in your FSX main Scenery folder and will be called “AeroworxLC”. The current and future LC will be copied here.
4. You may also install the file to a temp directory. You will then be able to see the directory structure. Then copy the files over to the proper directories in FSX. DO NOT place our files in your own directories, future updates will only look for the files where the installer installed them to.
5. If this is your first installation of Aeroworx Scenery, Start FSX and go to the "Scenery Library", "Add Area" and then point to this newly created directory, “AeroworxLC”. Click on "OK" and then close FS. Restart FS again and the scenery should be activated.
1. Please run your scenery at a 1m resolution.
2. Some roads will still run over water features. Where the road is intended to cross water, there will be no at bridges at this stage.
3. There will be airfields where the roads/rivers/streams run through the runways. This is caused by incorrect placing of default airports.
4. Due to the limitations in the 76m mesh, water in dams will not always level and up to the dam wall (Please run your scenery at a 1m resolution).
This scenery was created using:
Microsoft Scenery SDK SP2
Scenery Builder - Luis Sá
Airport Design Editor - ScruffyDuck Software
Various scanning and digitising programs.
The following persons must be thanked for designing this scenery, any suggestions please mail to Hannes Steyn.
Martin du Preez
The archive fsxworx20upd1.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.