FTX is the Full Terrain Experience, and is the culmination of over five years of research and development by local Melbourne company, Orbx Simulation Systems. FTX will completely transform how the entire country of Australia looks like in Flight Simulator X, and only occupies 12GB of hard drive space and performs equal and in some cases better than default FSX! This all-in-one package includes all four FTX regions; AU BLUE, AU RED, AU GREEN, and AU GOLD, plus the FTX Coffs Harbour scenery add-on and the latest SP3 service pack!
A New Level Of Reality
FTX introduces a radical new modular design with a level of visual fidelity unprecedented in Microsoft Flight Simulator since its introduction over twenty years ago. For the first time ever it is a pleasure to fly low and slow and take in the depth of features that our ground terrain textures provide.
- Super-crisp, superbly detailed 1 metre-per-pixel textures made from aerial photos
- Hand-crafted custom landclass for the entire country - a world first!
- Improved and highly accurate coastlines, roads/rail, rivers and vertical obstructions
- Brand new autogen textures for trees, houses, buildings, industrial estates and more
- A superb 3D night lighting system with moving traffic on every road in the country!
- Unlike FS2004, with FTX it's a case of the lower you fly, the more detail you will see! It's completely the reverse of what you have previously experienced, and it is only when you see FTX in motion on your PC that you will believe how truly immersive flying can now be.
Made From Aerial Photos
FTX is hand-crafted by a team of texture artists and custom landclass developers using source aerial photography licensed from world class data providers. Additional digital low altitude images have also been taken by the Orbx development team using rented aircraft and 10 megapixel DSLR cameras. The advantage of using low altitude aerial digital photography versus satellite images cannot be overstated. The results are evident in the much higher level of intricate detail which can be found in each texture, and by using efficient resampling from 15cm/pixel down to 1m/pixel, nearly all of the source information is preserved. If you can imagine flying over a golf course at 500FT and seeing golfers and their carts on the green, then you can imagine what using FTX will be like!