New from designer David Bushell and available through AlphaSim is an FS2002 and FS2004 version of the triple supersonic Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. The detailed model includes full animations, moving inlet spikes, a detailed virtual cockpit, braking parachute and much more. For full details, click on Read More.
The amazing Blackbird has landed at AlphaSim HQ. The A variant comes with two texture sets and some optional tail markings, the B trainer variant is also included. An incredible v-c complements the incredible performance of this stunning model. The animations include - pilot figures, inlet spikes (moving these in increases speed at high altitude), canopies, nozzles and a braking parachute. What really sets this model apart though are the afterburners - these engage automatically at maximum throttle and really light up the sky! Mach 3.3 at 80,000 ft is possible in both FS2002 and FS2004. Screenshots as usual on our News page. Price $14.
2 model variations included:
SR-71A (17995, 17958 with optional rudder markings for 17967)
- Automatic afterburner and smoke effects
- Specular Reflectivity ('dynamic shine')
- Authentic animated undercarriage
- Animated jetpipe nozzles on throttle function
- Brake parachute deploys on spoiler key (mainwheels on ground)
- Animated crew canopies
- Extend/retract inlet spikes with corresponding increase/decrease in performance
- Very detailed 'virtual cockpit' with animated throttles, pedals and control column
- Detailed, animated pilot/RSO figures
- Fine-tuned flight characteristics (unique flight model for FS2002 and FS2004)
- Mach 3.3 80,000 ft performance