Lelystad Airport is the largest general aviation airport in the Netherlands, located 4.0 mi (6.5 km) southeast of Lelystad. The airport was built in 1970, and the first flights took place in 1973.
The airport also houses the Netherlands’ largest aviation museum, Aviodrome, which has a large collection of aircraft, many of which are in flying condition. The airport is a busy hub – because of the presence of the museum, many aviation events are regularly held at the airport.
Some expansions are planned for the airport, namely a longer runway, and facilities to accommodate bigger aircraft and about 2 million passengers a year. After the upgrades, the airport will have the capacity to accommodate holiday charters, budget airlines and regional airlines using large aircraft such as Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 series.
Lelystad X is an accurate representation of the airport with excellent attention to detail. The scenery looks stunning and makes this airport vibrant in FSX.
- All airport buildings are portrayed in great detail
- The Aviodrome museum is captured beautifully, and most aircraft on display are included
- Excellent frame rates
- High definition textures for airport terrain
- Outstanding animation of apron activity
- Full volumetric shadow for all buildings
- Seasonal textures
- Highly detailed night lighting - taxiway markers are included
- Runway and taxiway lights in 3D
- Compatibility with traffic add-ons
Aerosoft installers are typically easy – you will find it easy to install and configure this add-on. The product comes with a 22-page manual that features well-illustrated charts, as well as preferred or advised display settings for the scenery, graphics, weather and traffic tabs. The manual comes in an English and Dutch version.
What I like about Lelystad X:
- It is a highly detailed and accurate representation of the airport
- It includes many buildings and objects at the airport and immediate surrounding areas, thus creating a vivid portrayal of this airport
- Concise and handy manual
- Suitable for VFR and IFR flights
- Easy installer with auto detection of the FSX directory
On the downside, in my opinion, is the too low quality of the overall ground textures except those on the runway and taxiways.
At €14,95, this is a great price for an excellent rendition of Lelystad airport. This add-on delivers on all important aspects, namely overall quality, detail, and precision.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7
- 2.0 GHz CPU
- 1 GB Ram
- Graphics card with 256 MB
- Download-Size: 280 MB
- Installation-Size: 400 MB