AFCAD File For KCLE
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 882.07 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, Ohio (OH), for use with the default scenery. By Patrick Finch / Alpha-India Group.
The Cleveland Airport System was established in 1925 with the opening of Cleveland Municipal Airport, now Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE), the first municipally-owned commercial airport in the United States. Celebrating its 80th anniversary in 2005, CLE is the largest commercial airport in Northeast Ohio, serving almost 12 million passengers annually. It is named for its founder, William Hopkins. According to 2007 figures, Cleveland Hopkins was the 35th busiest commercial airport in the U.S. Figures for 2008 were not available. The airport serves as a hub for Continental Airlines.
Here are the improvements which have been made over the default version:
- The default Concourse C was not accurately modeled, so I created a new one with FSDS.
- All jetways will display as long as scenery complexity in FSX is set at normal or higher.
- The vehicle paths have been redesigned so as not to allow airport vehicles to enter taxiways.
- The crosswind runway 10/28 has been activated. All three runways may be used for AI traffic if desired.
- Almost all GA parking has been placed on the north side of the airport in an effort to discourage GA traffic from using Runway 6R-24L. No commercial traffic seems to want to use this runway for departures, so this should prevent backups at 6R-24L and keep traffic flowing smoothly.
- The land class has been changed in places so as to prevent autogen objects from displaying on the airport grounds.
- Runway 6R-24L has been lengthened to its present length of 3034 meters.
- I employed Jim Vile's overlay technique to allow taxiing GA traffic to pass through runways without holding short. This prevents AI aircraft form timing out and disappearing. There may be some close calls, but overall ground traffic flows much smoother using this technique.
- There are two separate cargo ramps for UPS and FedEx aircraft.
- The tower view has been changed to display from the roof of the control tower.
- Extra fuel trucks have been added throughout the airport.
- Runway 6C-24C, which was decommissioned in 2006, has been deleted and replaced with Taxiway C, as displayed in the newest Jeppesen charts.
- A separate parking area for the Continental heavies has been created.
- Ramp lights have been placed at all terminals. These are the creation of a gentleman named Jim Dhaenens. The library containing the ramp lights is included in this upload, with permission from the author as contained within his readme file.
First, before anything else, check to see if you have another Afcad file for KCLE previously installed. If this is the case, your old file (or files) must be deleted before proceeding with installation. That being said, perform the steps below:
Extract the contents of "aig_kcle_cleveland_hopkins_fsx_default.zip" to the main FSX folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X), making sure that "Use folder names" is selected in WinZip. Then access your FSX Scenery Library and find the "Alpha India Group Scenery Objects" area located in your FSX\Addon Scenery folder. This area must be activated and placed at a lower priority level (below) the Addon Scenery area. After activation of your new area the new Concourse D should display when you next start FSX.
The model and texture files for Mr.Dhanen's ramp lights are contained within the Addon Scenery\scenery and Addon Scenery\texture folders and will not need to be activated in order to display correctly. Also included is another zip file within kcle.zip entitled "no_xwind.zip". This contains the files for the non-crosswind version of KCLE. Some people prefer this version, the reason being that in order for the crosswind runway to be active, some fake runways need to be created in ADE. As a result of this, Cleveland ATIS will call out the fake runways even though they are in reality not in use. Just replace the files "AIG_KCLE_ADE_CW_PF_Default.bgl" and "AIG_KCLE_ADE_CW_PF_Default_CVX.bgl" with the files in "no_xwind.zip".
To uninstall, delete the two files AIG_KCLE_ADE_CW_PF_Default.bgl and AIG_KCLE_ADE_CW_PF_Default_CVX.bgl or AIG_KCLE_ADE_PF_Default.bgl and AIG_KCLE_ADE_PF_Default_CVX.bgl from your FSX Addon Scenery\scenery folder, then restart FSX.
Enjoy your new KCLE scenery!
The archive aig_kcle_cleveland_hopkins_fsx_default.zip has 23 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Addon Scenery||07.23.09||0 B|
|Alpha India Group Scenery Objects||07.23.09||0 B|
|README FIRST.txt||09.05.09||6.05 kB|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||05.19.09||26.71 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.