FSX Port-Over DeHavilland Dash 7
Not compatible with FS2004. With backing from the Canadian government, de Havilland Canada began in late 1972 the development of a larger capacity short/medium range Short-Take-Off-and-Land (STOL) transport that would provide the higher standards of comfort to be found in much larger airliners...
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 90.58 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 19 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Not compatible with FS2004. With backing from the Canadian government, de Havilland Canada began in late 1972 the development of a larger capacity short/medium range Short-Take-Off-and-Land (STOL) transport that would provide the higher standards of comfort to be found in much larger airliners. Designated DHC-7, and later named Dash-7, the first of two pre-production aircraft (C-GNBX-X) made its maiden flight on 27 March 1975. The first production aircraft (C-GNBX-X) was flown on 20 May 1977 and about 47 are in service still today. Package includes three models, custom panel and gauges, custom sounds, two Flight Model options, and seven liveries with more available for separate downloads. By Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Mike Kelly, Bernt Stolle, Tom Falley, and sounds by Nigel Richards. Final beta testing by members of Sim-Outhouse.
Screenshot of DeHavilland Dash 7 DY-CBJ.
- The Dash7PkgX.exe is set up for you to install the package into any temporary folder of your choosing.
- There are two effects as part of this package unique from your current effects.
- This package uses custom gauges that are maintained in the panel folder.
- This aircraft package uses a texture.cfg to point to a shared texture folder for common textures to reduce textures load.
- The main textures are 2048 DXT5 for FSX use only.
Manually installing to a temporary folder:
- Create a temporary folder anywhere.
- Run the Dash7PkgX.exe installer and Browse to that temporary folder in the install process (with the ... button). (You will be instructed as to when.)
- After the installer runs, open your temporary folder.
- Copy paste the *contents* of the Effects folder to your FSX/Effects folder.
- Open the packaged SimObjects/Airplanes folder and copy the aircraft to your FSX SimObjects/Airplanes folder.
That's all! Have fun!
The archive dash7pkgx.zip has 24 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Air Greenland.jpg||12.13.12||14.01 kB|
|Dash 7 Cold and Dark Start procedure.mht||12.21.12||1.89 MB|
|Dash 7 Release Notes.txt||12.22.12||1.73 kB|
|FSX Installation.txt||12.22.12||1.22 kB|
|Greenland Air.jpg||12.13.12||18.97 kB|
|USE and DISTRIBUTION.txt||12.22.12||1.25 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.