FS2004 TWA Lockheed L-749A N6014C
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 4.63 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 15 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Lockheed L-749A, registration N6014C, c/n 2650, delivered to Trans World Airlines on November 3, 1950 and named "Star of Delaware", ship no. 814, in colours of 1950. In March 1967 withdrawn from use and stored at Kansas City. Later operated by several airlines until October 22, 1977 when destroyed by fire in Lome, Togo. Original by Manfred Jahn and Co (Team 749). Repainted by Hans Hermann, Virtual Birds Factory.
- Please make sure you have a working installation of Manfred Jahn's (Team 749) Lockheed L-749 base pack (folders "Lockheed_L749_0" and "Lockheed_L749_1" in your FS9 aircraft directory). If not present, download and install the base pack first.
- Unzip the zip-file included in this package to a temporary folder or open it in Windows Explorer.
- Find the 'Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Lockheed_L749_0' folder on your system. Copy the extracted texture folder from step 2 into the "Lockheed_L749_0" folder.
- Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the aircraft.cfg contained in 'Lockheed_L749_0' folder and paste the [fltsim] section appended below under the last [fltsim] entry. Make sure the new [fltsim] entry is in proper numerical order by replacing the 'xx' by the next number in sequence.
title=L-749 TWA N6014C 01
ui_variation=TWA N6014C (1950)
description=N6014C, c/n 2650, delivered on November 3, 1950 to Trans World Airlines and named 'Star of Delaware', ship no. '814'. In March 1967 withdrawn from use and stored at Kansas City. Purchased by Central American Airways on October 5, 1967 and reregistered N273R on October 23, 1967. Sold to World Wide Leasing Corporation on March 23, 1973. From July 1973 until October 22, 1974 leased to World Citizens International Travel Club 'Miss America'. On November 16, 1974 sold to CIM Associates Inc. and leased to Lanzar (Jersey) Ltd in February 1976. Destroyed by fire in Lome, Togo, on October 22, 1977. \n\nOriginal by Manfred Jahn & Co (Team 749). Repainted by Hans Hermann, Virtual Birds Factory"
This package is designed for use with the L-749A short nose version and the speedpak attached to the aircraft. If you prefer flying N6014C without the speedpak change the lines sim and model in the [fltsim]-section as shown below:
- Save and close the aircraft.cfg file. Start your FS2004 and enjoy the flight. In the aircraft selection menu, the new Constellation will show up under Lockheed > L-749 Constellation.
The archive twa_n6014c_01.zip has 36 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.