FS2004 Douglas DC-3 World Rally 2010
This is a repaint of the default DC3 in a specially commissioned livery for the 2010 DC-3 World Rally, organised by the team at DC-3 Airways VA. This livery is also available for FSX as WR10_FSX.ZIP and for the MAAM-SIM FS2004/FS2002 passenger DC-3 as WR10_MAAM.ZIP. By Mark Beaumont, VP Fleet, DC...
- Repaint for Payware Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 1.49 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 2 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is a repaint of the default DC3 in a specially commissioned livery for the 2010 DC-3 World Rally, organised by the team at DC-3 Airways VA. This livery is also available for FSX as WR10_FSX.ZIP and for the MAAM-SIM FS2004/FS2002 passenger DC-3 as WR10_MAAM.ZIP. By Mark Beaumont, VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways.
Screenshot of Douglas DC-3 World Rally 2010 in flight.
The aircraft's livery displays 29 flags representing countries of origin of members of DC-3 Airways. She also carries the four logos used by Douglas through the 1920s, '30s, '40s and '50s. The logo on the tail ('30s) is incomplete; the writing has had to be removed because of the mirroring effect of MS default textures. It is complete on the MAAM-SIM version of this livery.
"The virtual airline DC-3 Airways is once again hosting its very popular World Rally which this year is due to begin on the 2nd of October. As always, invitations are extended to anyone interested in piloting a DC-3 through ten interesting and mildly challenging flights chosen from around the world. There is one important stipulation which cannot be changed, and that is all flights must be made in any Douglas DC-3 which may be of your own choice. Oh! Remember your E6-B but leave your GPS at home!
- Unzip wr10_fs9.zip to a temporary destination of your choice.
- Using Windows Explorer, find the folder ....\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Douglas_DC3\
- Make a copy of the folder within named "texture".
- Rename it "texture.wr2010".
- Move the two files in the correspondingly named texture folder within this download into ....\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Douglas_DC3\texture.wr2010\ and overwrite. If you choose to use the DXT3 alternative file, move that version of Douglas_DC3_1_T.bmp at this time and overwrite once more.
- Back up the AIRCRAFT.CFG file in the 'Douglas_DC3' folder. Then in the original, under the last [flightsim.xx] entry but above the [General] section, copy and paste the following:
title=Douglas DC3 World Rally 2010
ui_variation="DC-3 World Rally 2010"
description=Official repaint of the default FS9 DC-3 for the DC-3 World Rally 2010, by Mark Beaumont.
- Before saving the file, change the [flightsim.xx] number so that it is next in sequence. By default, your aircraft registration is configured as NC2010. You can configure your tail number at any time within the sim, as you will be aware.
- Save the file. Your new aircraft should now appear in the FS9 aircraft selection menu.
NOTE: This texture set will, of course, work with any variation you might have configured of the default DC-3. Hence if you have, for example, configured a Beaumont and Bitzer DC-3 folder with our airfile and panel modifications, simply add this texture set to that folder instead, in the manner described above.
Furthermore, you may import your completed livery folder to FSX if you are running that version of the Microsoft Flight Simulator. It is assumed here that most users wishing to do this are familiar with the process, which is essentially as above excepting that the DC-3 aircraft folder is to be found in SIMOBJECTS/AIRPLANES.
The archive wr10_fs9.zip has 12 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|DXT3 texture||08.30.10||0 B|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Flight School for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.
0 commentsLeave a Response